SportsLogos.Net News

2019 MLB Changes

I prefer the standard Phillies home uniform. I like pinstripes and feel that blue (particularly shades of royal and navy) is already becoming much too ubiquitous in MLB. Don't get me wrong, those look pretty sharp, but there's something really distinctive about their normal home whites. I'd keep that one as a Sunday alternate.

2 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I prefer the standard Phillies home uniform. I like pinstripes and feel that blue (particularly shades of royal and navy) is already becoming much too ubiquitous in MLB. Don't get me wrong, those look pretty sharp, but there's something really distinctive about their normal home whites. I'd keep that one as a Sunday alternate.

I always thought that, but that combo of royal blue and red is not as common. With the red brim and the cream, this look immediately stands out. The red uniforms look too much like the Nats/Reds/Cards/Angels/Rangers. Even with pinstripes. I would put the Reds back in pinstripes, if I had my way.

I wouldn’t mind seeing those Phillies alt uniforms made the home set and relegate the pinstripes to the home alt. I can’t see that ever actually happening, though. 

No matter what their color, they need to fix that bubbly typeface. 6/8/9 all bleed into each other. It looks like the 2018 Marlins and Dunkin Donuts made thick in the warm.

2 hours ago, daveindc said:

I always thought that, but that combo of royal blue and red is not as common. With the red brim and the cream, this look immediately stands out. The red uniforms look too much like the Nats/Reds/Cards/Angels/Rangers. Even with pinstripes. I would put the Reds back in pinstripes, if I had my way.

I agree that the combo isn't necessarily that common, but the blue part of the cap really dominates with that set (more so than the red heavy wordmark). If they adopt that as a primary look, they just become yet another blue team. Red isn't super uncommon or anything, but we have firmly entered into the era of Blue for Blue's Sake, especially with so many teams bringing back their powder blues all of a sudden.

Although this is more of a brighter/royal blue, to the contrary, I believe that this set would actually bring them closer to the Nationals, not the other way around. The NL East in particular is becoming too saturated with blue. The red uniforms are pretty distinctive on their own because of the pinstripes and the bubble font (which I actually like).

I suppose it's mostly the blue cap with red bill that I take issue with, but I'd hate to see yet another team abandon their pinstripes too.

20 hours ago, dont care said:

Because stirrups and wearing pants that a high cuffed isn’t comfortable to most players.

Exactly. I never liked revealing my ankles when playing baseball. 

This was probably posted way back somewhere, but in any case, here’s an appreciation post for the Braves wearing a variation of the old Boston/Milwaukee socks again. They look really great and I hope they keep to it like the Cardinals have for years with their classic socks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

This was probably posted way back somewhere, but in any case, here’s an appreciation post for the Braves wearing a variation of the old Boston/Milwaukee socks again. They look really great and I hope they keep to it like the Cardinals have for years with their classic socks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I keep hoping to see these beauts make a return.

da2538ac877f943d8a4d3c61cc2aa4ba.jpg

Man, I'm not one to go overboard with alts, but the Sox and Twins should always have a red-crown throwback as a regular alt.   They're two beautiful looks.

tumblr_nvjq9ysqiA1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

9 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I keep hoping to see these beauts make a return.

da2538ac877f943d8a4d3c61cc2aa4ba.jpg

Man, I'm not one to go overboard with alts, but the Sox and Twins should always have a red-crown throwback as a regular alt.   They're two beautiful looks.

tumblr_nvjq9ysqiA1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngEDIT: Nevermind, I thought you meant red caps, not the whole uniform set. But yeah, I agree. The Twins one looks even better on a Button-Up Template rather than a Pullover, as seen in their 2009 throwbacks. spacer.png

On 4/27/2019 at 10:50 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

I know you didn't tag me, but per an old website showing the history of diamondback uniforms

" While the jerseys had not been finalized, the articles above mention the design, which again was changed quite a bit before the team took the field.  The original version called for copper pinstripes and the "A" logo on the chest.  It is possible that sample versions were made, although I have never seen a picture of one.  This is possibly what the team was originally intended to look like: "

prototype.jpg

There we go.  That's the image I remember seeing.  Thanks.

Reds Throwing Back to 1902, 1911 Uniforms This Weekend

May 4, 2019 - 13:39 PM

In 2019 the Cincinnati Reds are celebrating the 150th anniversary of the first professional baseball team, the Cincinnati Red Stockings, with a series of throwback uniforms marking various eras in Reds history. This weekend against the San Francisco Giants, the […]

Read More...

On 5/2/2019 at 8:59 PM, tohasbo said:

There we go.  That's the image I remember seeing.  Thanks.

I miss that white/purple D-Backs hat.  I loved that one.

The Phillies are wearing sleeve patches tonight to honor Jimmy Rollins

5 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

The Phillies are wearing sleeve patches tonight to honor Jimmy Rollins

vzqIHYN.png

2 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

Giants not joining the fun, in their traditional grays.

Look at this friggin’ guy:

spacer.png

That looks great.