Dunkin' Donuts,err wait just Dunkin'

Dilbert

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll bring the donuts part back in 4 or 5 years when they rebrand.  That said, the interim will be one of those silly, "no no no---we're only dunkin, now!  Haha, yes you can still buy donuts.  Ma'am I am the manager.  No I can't explain this, heh.  Please stop asking me about this" type things.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

They'll bring the donuts part back in 4 or 5 years when they rebrand.  That said, the interim will be one of those silly, "no no no---we're only dunkin, now!  Haha, yes you can still buy donuts.  Ma'am I am the manager.  No I can't explain this, heh.  Please stop asking me about this" type things.

God help those employees.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

I must be the only one who doesn't hate it. The full name honestly hasn't aged well, and doughnuts aren't the most marketable product in 2018. Its not like the brand plunges into ambiguity by simply being called "Dunkin." Its a pretty solid balance of pushing the brand forward without betraying its core identity.

2 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I must be the only one who doesn't hate it. The full name honestly hasn't aged well, and doughnuts aren't the most marketable product in 2018. Its not like the brand plunges into ambiguity by simply being called "Dunkin." Its a pretty solid balance of pushing the brand forward without betraying its core identity.

"America runs on Dunkin" is their famous slogan, so it's basically doubling down on people's familiarity with that.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

No one whom I hear ever calls Dunkin' Donuts simply "Dunkin' ".  To my ear that usage has a feel that is (if you'll pardon the expression) douchebaggy.  It is sort of like calling McDonald's "Mickey D's" or calling pizza "za".  

But, come to think of it, that is probably the market segment that they are trying to attract.  So in that respect the change can be considered a good move.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived