2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

Teal

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

Looks to me more like Under Armour just wants their own identifiable templates.  Doesn't have to look good, just be identifiable.

Agreed. Even if they just kept the top of the shirt red they'd be an improvement, but would not look as good as if they let the stripes continue on up the shirt. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Looks to me more like Under Armour just wants their own identifiable templates.  Doesn't have to look good, just be identifiable.

Which is odd...because they did beautiful things with Aston Villa when they provided their kits.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

8 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

Which is odd...because they did beautiful things with Aston Villa when they provided their kits.

This template only came out last year. I like the idea of teams designing their own kits in house. They usually put out a better product than the larger groups like Nike and adidas.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I think most mens/womens teams are like that. Barcelona women have Stanley as shirt sponsor as opposed to Rakuten for FC Barcelona.

spacer.png

They are the only ones I can think of, minus Juventus women and the NWSL teams that are more like partnerships than actual sister clubs to their MLS brethren. Portland and Seattle are the exceptions, Portland owned by the same people and Seattle sharing sponsorships.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

Southampton FC Home/Away/3rds

spacer.png

3rd kits are second in from the right.

I keep feeling like the Saints are a football club trying to be a cycling team with their kits. They are always "overdoing" their look in my opinion. 

I’m usually not a fan of stiped kits with stripes interrupted by yokes, butI’m surprised at how accepting I am of that Southampton kit. Maybe it’s the yoke being a different color and matching with the pants, but I like it way more than the leaked Athletic Bilbao kits which are basically the same except swapping the stripes colors and having a red yoke 

spacer.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They are the only ones I can think of, minus Juventus women and the NWSL teams that are more like partnerships than actual sister clubs to their MLS brethren. Portland and Seattle are the exceptions, Portland owned by the same people and Seattle sharing sponsorships.

Bayern women wear Allianz on the chest and Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile in the States) on the sleeve, which is the main sponsor as the men, just located in a different spot.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

See, I think that’s better.  It’s more a “red and white striped shirt” than the one with the thick black yoke. 

Agreed. Southampton is one of my least-favorite kits to come out in a long time. 

spacer.png

Juventus wore their halved kit the other day, but with white shorts/socks. Honestly it looks so much better with white shorts/socks instead of the black ones, hopefully they realize this and go with white for socks and shorts for their games.

spacer.png

On 5/16/2019 at 7:28 AM, upperV03 said:

Mönchengladbach home:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Breaking Bad kit.

The yellow Postbank background completely ruins whatever aesthetic they were trying for. Death to ads.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

7 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

The Breaking Bad kit.

The yellow Postbank background completely ruins whatever aesthetic they were trying for. Death to ads.

It would be way less-bad with a different sponsor. I like the smoking effect on the kit but it has the same weird vibe that Tottenham have this year (in CL). 

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 5/17/2019 at 11:40 AM, Gothamite said:

And it's weird, because it's a two-year-old template at that!

Southampton getting a UA template a couple of years after it's first rolled out is nothing new, though.

6fQjS3M.png

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

And it's weird, because it's a two-year-old template at that!

Southampton getting a UA template a couple of years after it's first rolled out is nothing new, though.

Didn't they use the template this last season too?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, MrFreckles said:

That looks a lot like Tottenham’s from 16-17. 

spacer.png

Southampton FC v Liverpool FC - Premier League : News Photo

This year's kit looks closer to that. There's a seem across the chest that's wider than what that Spurs kit used. That's why all of the UA teams last years that had any designs, seemed to cut them off abruptly at the bottom of the yoke. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

From reddit, so take it with a boulder of salt ... but someone posted this photo to the Arsenal subreddit and says he knows "some people who worked on the PR of the new kits." If it's fake, it's a very good fake.

bgllsydkesz21.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Finally Arsenal's deal with Puma is up. That Adidas kit is real nice. A little different with the 3 stripes, but at least its back to the true white shoulders. Definitely going to buy one. The away is nice too. Arsenal should always have a yellow secondary kit. Cool throwback vibe too.

Archived