2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

Teal

41 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

From reddit, so take it with a boulder of salt ... but someone posted this photo to the Arsenal subreddit and says he knows "some people who worked on the PR of the new kits." If it's fake, it's a very good fake.

bgllsydkesz21.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Love Love Loving the home kit. I think the hype around the bruised banana kits overshadowed any news about the home kit but those details are so nice and such a good callback to the 80's adidas kits without being over the top. The away kit is nice, i wonder if we'll see red numbers on the pitch? Tremendous start for Adidas.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, moosebean11 said:

bgllsydkesz21.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Love Love Loving the home kit. I think the hype around the bruised banana kits overshadowed any news about the home kit but those details are so nice and such a good callback to the 80's adidas kits without being over the top. The away kit is nice, i wonder if we'll see red numbers on the pitch? Tremendous start for Adidas.

I'm surprised they didn't get the tonal stripes on the home shirt but it still looks good because those stripes aren't taking up half the sleeve like the training gear will. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I really like that except for the home colllar and cuff striping. Either make it full red or full white - I don’t like the half and half.

I think it's mimicking one of their older kits which is why the cuffs and collar are striped. I remember owning a couple soccer jerseys with that very collar/cuff design on it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think it's mimicking one of their older kits which is why the cuffs and collar are striped. I remember owning a couple soccer jerseys with that very collar/cuff design on it. 

That's a nice touch, then. I still don't like how it looks.

ExJworW.png

2 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

My respect for Sunderland just went up by a lot because of that sponsor. My dad is a pediatric oncologist at Arnold Palmer Hospital, so I'm glad to see any awareness efforts made for childhood cancer.

The kit? Eh, it's ok. That tiny bit of black on the collar looks out of place when there's no black anywhere else on the shirt.

ExJworW.png

In regards to sponsors-

I have no problem with them. adding more money into the game isn't a bad thing, especially in pro soccer. But why these teams cant have alterations make no sense. Why cant gladbach remove the yellow box and have the sponsor in black? Fly emirates might be my favorite sponsor just because they let teams color it to fit the uniform (i cant think of one that stuck out) but see arsenal above. It just works. Napoli's "LETE" in the red box is an eye sore, but removing the red box, and maybe it requires a red outline but man they can look so much better. Mind you- i only think 1 sponsor is tolerable, they can get cluttered very easily. But theres easy fixes and teams refuse to fix it.

And i don't want to bring the NBA into this but they have the same issues. The sponsor logos would be fine if they fit the jersey looks, but alas, they dont.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Presumably the answer is "Postbank is paying a lot of money to Monchengladbach and if they want their corporate colors on their shirts they get them" 

Ads make sense in club sports where the teams are more or less independent entities and sink or swim financially by themselves. In closed-garden franchise sports like the NBA they just seem like a money grab, especially in a league that prints money anyway like the NBA. 

The only smart thing Puma did was issue their own take on the bruised banana Arsenal look, even beating the 90s revival tidal wave, thus taking the edge off Adidas’s own inevitable take on it. 

I wouldnt mind it being brought back every damn year, mind.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Puma going with purple accents for their first Man City home shirt:

spacer.png

Really not a fan of the purple at all. Either white or navy accents would be so much better and more fitting for them.  I’m also curious to see what color PL names/numbers they’ll go with since purple isn’t an option. If they go with navy it’ll clash with the purple accents, but I’m not really sure I see them going with white since they haven’t in quite a few years.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Bayern is debuting a new look today in the Pokal final. Red top with white shorts and socks. They’ve done the white shorts plenty before, but I can’t recall them pairing them with white socks. Supposedly the matchup was going to be Bayern in red/white/red and Leipzig in white/red/white but the DFB stepped in to make it more obvious for fans and the officials.

I’m also interested about the design choices for these white alternate pieces. The primary red kit has tonal red stripes on red, so I was curious if they would do tonal white on white. I feel like that would have been a better decision given the aesthetic of the shirt.

10 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Bayern is debuting a new look today in the Pokal final. Red top with white shorts and socks. They’ve done the white shorts plenty before, but I can’t recall them pairing them with white socks. Supposedly the matchup was going to be Bayern in red/white/red and Leipzig in white/red/white but the DFB stepped in to make it more obvious for fans and the officials.

I’m also interested about the design choices for these white alternate pieces. The primary red kit has tonal red stripes on red, so I was curious if they would do tonal white on white. I feel like that would have been a better decision given the aesthetic of the shirt.

Seems like there weren’t actual white clash shorts and socks designed for the kit because the ones Bayern are wearing today are just basic team wear pieces:

spacer.png

The shorts are Adidas’ Squadra 17 team wear model:

spacer.png

And the socks are just the basic AdiSock 18 model:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Manchester United had a reunion match to celebrate 20 years since winning the treble and debuted their new kit. It’s absolutely gorgeous. I think I rate Nike’s take on the treble winning look a touch higher, but this is still a phenomenal effort by adidas.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For reference, here is the old design. The new one isn’t an exact copy by any means- I’d say “loosely inspired” with a similarly shaped crest shield.

spacer.png

And here was Nike’s take on it. This one was just on another level. Something about it was exquisite, sublime. The white shield, the gold trim (even detailing the sponsor). I also like the balance of color on the Nike one better, more white, whereas adidas’ emphasizes the black.

spacer.png

Archived