2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

Teal

3 hours ago, Mockba said:

It's pretty much doing exactly that.

Not any more than this:

spacer.png

If you take out the sponser on the Huddersfield shirt you've still got a nice striped design with a sash. Take the sponsor off PSG and there's just a big hole in the middle of the stripe. I'd rather have sponsors that are integrated into the design of the shirt, versus having to design around the big block of prime real estate that the sponsor takes up. One of the many great things about the NASL Loon jerseys is they didn't destroy the aesthetic of their shirts by cramming the sponsor in there, they placed it in a non-obtrusive location instead

spacer.png

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know how familiar our largely US-based posters are with Paddy Power, but they are known for their long (and at times tiresome) history of publicity stunts. It’s clear that the kit Huddersfield are using in preseason doesn’t meet the FA’s rules on sponsor size and placement, and apparently they’re now in touch with the club on this matter. As such, unless a spectacular loophole has been found this shirt can’t be worn in the league. 

So, my feeling is it’s either a preseason prank and the real shirt will be unveiled shortly, or the intention is for it to be retained for as long as possible until it’s officially banned and Paddy Power will then milk the publicity. The real shirt can then be rolled out.

Whatever the reality, the sad thing is that Paddy Power are making Huddersfield look like fools and the club are eagerly playing along with it.

Spurs fan here. This is their best kit in a while. I was a fan of the gold accents but they look great this time. When paired with white shorts it’ll look awesome. The blue is meh but I’d rather simple like that over whatever disaster we want to call last years. 

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 7/18/2019 at 1:31 AM, Jaffa said:

I don’t know how familiar our largely US-based posters are with Paddy Power, but they are known for their long (and at times tiresome) history of publicity stunts. It’s clear that the kit Huddersfield are using in preseason doesn’t meet the FA’s rules on sponsor size and placement, and apparently they’re now in touch with the club on this matter. As such, unless a spectacular loophole has been found this shirt can’t be worn in the league. 

So, my feeling is it’s either a preseason prank and the real shirt will be unveiled shortly, or the intention is for it to be retained for as long as possible until it’s officially banned and Paddy Power will then milk the publicity. The real shirt can then be rolled out.

Whatever the reality, the sad thing is that Paddy Power are making Huddersfield look like fools and the club are eagerly playing along with it.

Looks like you were right, @Jaffa:

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Oh wow, Paddy Power is trying to start a no ad's on the shirt campaign?? Now that is an idea I can get behind.  Kudos to them, hope this brings them some positive PR.

It's Paddy Power, I'd attribute anything but good faith to them. Faking outrageous stuff to milk the publicity and then claiming that it was all to promote a good cause (and definitely not their bookkeeping company) is like their entire m.o., like the time they released a fake photo of them cutting down trees to read "GO ENGLAND" from the sky and then claimed it was to promote awareness for forest conservation. 

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Also interesting that Huddersfield went back to their traditional Crest, as opposed to the version that was on their list last season:

false

It's actually a newly updated crest.

huddersfield-unveil-new-logo-1.jpg

Archived