Teal

2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

I’m very disappointed to hear this regarding Barça.

Barcelona scraps logo plans

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/10/barcelona-scraps-logo-plans.html?m=1

barcelona-scraps-logo-plans-2.jpg

This was a fantastic update to a logo that is starting to show its age. They brought it beautifully into the modern era and it could stand the test of time for another 100 years.

The loss of the internal black outlines was a big plus, and I was a fan of dropping the text. Not everything needs to be so literal. By dropping FCB, it gave them more room to show off the blaugrana stripes. My only critique, is that the red cross flag doesn’t follow the curvature of the crest.

Hopefully this is simply stalling since it’s put to a vote, and they come to their senses and adopt this soon.

50 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I’m very disappointed to hear this regarding Barça.

Barcelona scraps logo plans

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/10/barcelona-scraps-logo-plans.html?m=1

barcelona-scraps-logo-plans-2.jpg

This was a fantastic update to a logo that is starting to show its age. They brought it beautifully into the modern era and it could stand the test of time for another 100 years.

The loss of the internal black outlines was a big plus, and I was a fan of dropping the text. Not everything needs to be so literal. By dropping FCB, it gave them more room to show off the blaugrana stripes. My only critique, is that the red cross flag doesn’t follow the curvature of the crest.

Hopefully this is simply stalling since it’s put to a vote, and they come to their senses and adopt this soon.

Is it possible they fear it's easier to rip off without the lettering?

25 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is it possible they fear it's easier to rip off without the lettering?

I don’t see how that would make the difference.

This sucks - that was a fantastic upgrade.   Juventus can go through with its terrible change but Barca gets cold feet with this old one?  Shame. 

I'm so glad they don't change. The updated crest looked like Pro Evolution Soccer didn't get the license of Barca. They should do just a mix between the two. Quick suggestion of mine:

f4wNcYg.png

It good that they didn't approved it, but if they only add FCB to that, it could and should be their new logo.
My suggestion, I change font to much bolder (I guess):

FCB.png

I can only say by myself, but basically yes, without initials this crest look generic, it need to has "FCB".

There's two other things I don't like. Only two red stripes in the blue part just look wrong to me (reminds me of UD Levante somehow). The other issue for me is that the St-George's cross doesn't mirror the left side of the black border anymore and is basically just a square.

MJsoid9.jpg

At first look I didn't like two stripes either, but when I'm looking at their kits history, they had two stripes jerseys mostly not three, so now I understand why they cut off one stripe from crest.

12 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

Nike takes over Canada’s national teams in January.

Hopefully they can create a new federation logo for them. I really dislike our country's federation logo for soccer.

12 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

Nike takes over Canada’s national teams in January.

Be prepare for teamwear. I guess it might be this:

total-90-inspired-new-nike-2019-20-teamwear-kit+%252813%2529.jpg

9 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Be prepare for teamwear. I guess it might be this:

total-90-inspired-new-nike-2019-20-teamwear-kit+%252813%2529.jpg

I'd expect them to get the current Vapor template while the older teams get a newer version for Gold Cup, Copa America and possibly Nations League.

15 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Vaporknit is could be also an option:

38804e6f64c13ae5c54452756a3fa74f.png

But Legend got matching white-red kit.

As long as they color in those shoulder panels it would be a good look. 

Canada actually looked unique with Umbro. Now they’re just gonna look like Poland. 

I hope Nike can move away from their templated and gradient obsession. At least their kits will be easier to buy although I doubt I’ll like it enough to purchase it if it’s Vaporknit.

Well, looky here! A Vaporknit shirt with stripes on the sleeves. No excuse that Barca and Inter still haven't received a proper home kit with this template. 

oh2rfk.png

6 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

Canada actually looked unique with Umbro. Now they’re just gonna look like Poland.

One of Canada soccer legend is a man from Poznań named Tomasz Radziński so it's got sense :D

1 hour ago, zigbazah said:

Well, looky here! A Vaporknit shirt with stripes on the sleeves. No excuse that Barca and Inter still haven't received a proper home kit with this template.

But that isn't a vaporknit. San Lorenzo using dri-fit jerseys. :)