2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

Teal

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Sure, it looks good for them.  But nope.

Let Man City own sky blue and white - navy is our secondary color, and there should always be more navy on our shirts than white.  Always.

MLS also doesn't use an outline. That's why NYCFC needs to use navy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gothamite said:
12 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Side note: I just picked up a navy blue hat that has the team's "NYC" monogram, without the full roundel logo.  It looks great.

Is that the Adidas one?  Sure does.  Now I just want a New Era version. 

It's the New Era cap.

NYCFC-hat.png

I love that there is no New Era logo on the side.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/08/cristiano-ronaldo-quagliarella-4-others-best-serie-a-players-badge.html

Italy has copied the NFL. Similar to the Walter Peyton Man of the Year Award, Serie A players can wear a special badge for  being the best at their position from the previous year:

The winners for the 2018-19 season:
BEST GOALKEEPER: Samir Handanovic
BEST DEFENDER: Kalidou Koulibaly
BEST MIDFIELDER: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
BEST ATTACKER: Fabio Quagliarella
BEST YOUNG MAN: Nicolò Zaniolo
MVP - BEST IN ABSOLUTE: Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has decided not to wear the badge.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn’t seen this one posted yet. Inter’s new third kit. I’m normally very against sponsors interfering with kit design, but I might have to make an exception for this beauty! It also doesn’t hurt that Inter and Pirelli have a history together of about 25 years.

spacer.png

They completely nailed the aesthetic. From the yellow stripes simulating Formula 1 tires to the traditional yellow sponsor with red text. This is absolute perfection. 10/10 for me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

When you look at their entire kit set for this season, it might be the best in all of European football. The primary kit is traditional yet with a modern spin on it. The secondary is one of the classiest I’ve seen in years.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm neither Italian nor an Inter fan, but I might just have to snag me one of those thirds just for the black and yellow alone. That's tight.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Context??

I like to think it’s a jersey against ads, with blood stains covering the sponsor.

No, the four red stripes on a yellow background mimic the Catalan flag, which you can also see on the collar and in Barca's crest. The city of Barcelona is located within Catalonia, and Barca have not been shy in their support of Catalonian independence over the years.

16 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Context??

I like to think it’s a jersey against ads, with blood stains covering the sponsor.

6 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

No, the four red stripes on a yellow background mimic the Catalan flag, which you can also see on the collar and in Barca's crest. The city of Barcelona is located within Catalonia, and Barca have not been shy in their support of Catalonian independence over the years.

Not only that, but the four red stripes are also sometimes referred to as “The Four Blood Bars” or “The Four Fingers of Blood” because of the legend about how the symbol originated. That’s why the stripes on that shirt look like blood streaks rather than just solid stripes. Here’s some background about the legend:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Four_Blood_Bars

https://www.barcelonas.com/catalan-flags.html

Also, that image of the shirt above is a fake, but the design is expected to look similar to that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

What is up with that collar-bone thing going on there?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived