2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

Teal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Supposedly these would have been the 2020/21 shirts for Liverpool, if Nike didn't take over the contract (per Footy Headlines). Not sure how far along these prototypes would be, if legit at all (the shield gives me pause). I like the melange look on the home, and I REALLY like that black shirt with the teal and lime streaks. Alas!

leaked-new-balance-liverpool-20-21-home-

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Northampton Town v Port Vale - Sky Bet League Two : News Photo

Northampton Town v Port Vale - Sky Bet League Two : News Photo

Sheffield United v AFC Bournemouth  - Premier League : News Photo

Sheffield United v AFC Bournemouth  - Premier League : News Photo

English clubs across the country were wearing the Heads up logo for games this last weekend. EPL teams will wear it across the Winter break games that run until the 17th.

The football family will unite this week and next to support the Heads Up mental health campaign spearheaded by The Duke of Cambridge.

The Premier League is dedicating its Matchweek 26 fixtures, split over 8-9 February and 14-17 February, to raise awareness and encourage conversation about mental health.

The campaign’s underlying message is to “kick off a conversation”, helping people to start talking about their mental wellbeing. #KickOffAConversation

This message, along with Heads Up branding, will be seen by millions around the world at the Premier League fixtures over the two weekends through branding in stadiums, programmes and on player kits, in a unifying moment that aims to get the nation talking about mental health.

On the same weekends, matches in the English Football League (EFL) and Barclays FA Women’s Super League will also support the initiative.

Heads Up, a partnership between Heads Together and The FA, aims to harness the influence and power of football to generate the biggest conversation ever on mental health, building on the great work already happening across the game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Like the uniform colors with white, orange and green.

Would have preferred it though if they went with different colored shorts or/and socks to break up the monochrome look. Ex.
Home: white jerseys and socks with either green or orange shorts.
Away: orange jerseys and socks with either green or white shorts.

Two things of note:
So the inaugural jerseys are some sort of team wear / catalogue option for sure, with the team being around less than a year.

There was talk of adidas having problems to produce a torrey green that matches the color in real life.
So maybe look out for it in a future version.

10 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

San Diego Loyal revealed their jersey and sponsor tonight... Stone Brewing! Not a better San Diego sponsor could they have found.

spacer.png

Ooh that's a good sponsor pairing!

The devil head on the GK jersey looks fantastic, and makes me wish they went with that on the home and away rather than the wordmark

8 hours ago, element7ero said:
There was talk of adidas having problems to produce a torrey green that matches the color in real life.
So maybe look out for it in a future version.

I swear Adidas has always struggled with green jerseys. I can't forget the awful teal-ish jerseys they churned out for Mexico when they first got that contract.

Of course this San Diego scheme IS a darker teal ... I hope they figure that out because it's a nice and very unusual pairing with the orange, and deserves better than boring teamwear.

120 anniversary shirt coming for Bayern who will wear it in a few weeks time against Augsburg. Has not been officially announced yet. I like that the logos are tonal. Additionally, the crest is a throwback while the sponsor is small beneath the adidas logo. Interestingly, the crest is a design from the 1960s and not the original crest. I hope they use retro numbers and either skip the names or use tonal shades.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ll be curious how they handle the Bundesliga and Qatar sponsor. Bayern previously wore a Parley kit with tonal logos (much like this one in that regard) and also had tonal sleeve patches but full color team and player names on the back.

spacer.png

On 2/13/2020 at 10:55 PM, bosrs1 said:

San Diego Loyal revealed their jersey and sponsor tonight... Stone Brewing! Not a better San Diego sponsor could they have found.

spacer.png

Interestingly, the youth jerseys for sale on their website also have the Stone Brewing logo on them: https://www.soccerloco.com/adidas-youth-sd-loyal-away-jersey-2020.html

I wasn't following the Premier League closely when Liverpool was sponsored by Carlsberg, but I seem to remember that they sold kids merchandise with a non-alcohol or blank sponsor. I couldn't find any articles on that, or whether it was a voluntary thing or compliance with a regulation, but I found a story on Everton choosing to take Chang Beer off of their youth team kits and childrens' merchandise, so it seems like it was up to the team's discretion in England as of 12 years ago. I wonder if this will get any attention in San Diego.

Interesting.  Does Stone Brewing do sodas as well as beer?  

I’ve speculated that Sprecher Brewery in Milwaukee would be a good sponsor; they have a fill line of craft sodas.  Adults could have the regular Sprecher logo on their shirts, kids get the root beer version.

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

Interestingly, the youth jerseys for sale on their website also have the Stone Brewing logo on them: https://www.soccerloco.com/adidas-youth-sd-loyal-away-jersey-2020.html

I wasn't following the Premier League closely when Liverpool was sponsored by Carlsberg, but I seem to remember that they sold kids merchandise with a non-alcohol or blank sponsor. I couldn't find any articles on that, or whether it was a voluntary thing or compliance with a regulation, but I found a story on Everton choosing to take Chang Beer off of their youth team kits and childrens' merchandise, so it seems like it was up to the team's discretion in England as of 12 years ago. I wonder if this will get any attention in San Diego.

As an aside -- that link shows the pattern on the orange jersey as well as the dark teal printing much more clearly. Really love that color scheme.

Celtic used to take off the logos as well for youth merchandise -- one time I even found a blank Celtic adult jersey that apparently came from a predominantly-Muslim country where they didn't want to promote Carling. Really regret not grabbing that when I could.

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

Probably not. Stone’s Brew gardens are chock full of kids all day long. Beer is just part of San Diego like wine is France.

Archived