2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

Teal

And now we have the full Bayern 120 years kit showing the shorts, socks, and back treatment. Looks like the same dark red shorts with tonal logos and black socks. No club name on the back, but the usual number font (sans logo) and player name. I was hoping for no player name to go with the throwback vibe but overall this is still an awesome kit.

The inspiration:

spacer.png

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting notes on the Bayern anniversary kit. It looks like there is both a replica style and a player issue style. There doesn’t appear much of a difference. The cut and material looks the same.

spacer.png

From what I can tell, the replica has all stitched logos (adidas, Deutsche Telekom, and the retro crest), a large tonal Qatar Airways sleeve patch, a “120 Jahre - Mythos FC Bayern” design inside the neck, and a red and gold special edition jock tag.

On the player issue design, the adidas and Deutsche Telekom logos are a crisp plastic material while the Qatar sleeve patch is a bit smaller. The crest is still embroidered. It also has a different inner neck wreath design noting them as the “Rekordmeister” as well as a white limited edition jocktag. Subtle differences. Each one comes in a differently styled box.

I’ve got the replica shirt coming in a few days. It looks like the player issued shirts may have been available at adidas stores in Munich. They also sold the shorts but they were only available in the authentic player issue style with the 2020 adidas cut on the back of the thighs.

All of the photos below show the player issue design first, followed by the replica.

adidas and Deutsche Telekom applications:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Qatar Airways:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jocktag styles:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Inner neck design and packaging:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Gorgeous kit. I’d say this is one of the top new designs of the season. It’s great when clubs and sponsors can minimize the branding to achieve a truly classic look honoring the history of the club.

23 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Image result for ol reign logo

OL Reign full color logo (former Seattle Reign)

Looks like a male lion, no? Seems like a missed opportunity to do what the Dutch national teams did - have different but style- and brand-consistent crests for their mens' and womens' teams using male and female lions.

25 minutes ago, Waffles said:

Looks like a male lion, no? Seems like a missed opportunity to do what the Dutch national teams did - have different but style- and brand-consistent crests for their mens' and womens' teams using male and female lions.

Unless they made it a copy of the men's logo, most people would not get the female lion. Also, Utah uses one so this helps separate them from the Royals. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I know this thread has been my soap box for the Bayern anniversary kit, but it debuted today and there were several noteworthy aspects. I feel like these are the kind of details that this board is made for.

After I acknowledged above that there appeared to be a player issued version, Bayern ended up wearing the replica with the red jock tag and the sewn adidas logo.

Also, the Telekom logo was no longer small beneath the adidas logo, but regular sized on the front (still tonal white on white).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also noteworthy, Bayern’s second team (which plays in the 3. Liga) wore the same kit but with their usual chest sponsor (Magenta is a division of Telekom) and a betting company on the sleeve. These photos are interesting because it looks like they used the old number font on the shorts but the new font on the back. I guess they didn’t order enough numbers for the amateur side and had some plain white numbers lying around.

spacer.png

spacer.png

You can see the regular font on the backs of their shirts at the end of this video.

Current font:

spacer.png

Old font:

spacer.png

Celtic confirmed to be switching to Adidas on a 5 year deal as of July. Really looking forward to the switch, and away (like Liverpool) from New Balance...because of the kits themselves, but also the other branded apparel that looks a lot better from Nike or Adidas, than NB. 

19 hours ago, browna said:

Celtic confirmed to be switching to Adidas on a 5 year deal as of July. Really looking forward to the switch, and away (like Liverpool) from New Balance...because of the kits themselves, but also the other branded apparel that looks a lot better from Nike or Adidas, than NB. 

Oh no. Hard to imagine Adidas producing a proper Celtic shirt though. The hoops!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 hours ago, browna said:

Dunno, there are some good concepts out there. 

spacer.png

A white change strip? Sure.

spacer.png
spacer.png

Concepts tend to look better than the actual kit, but I think fans are happier with the move from New Balance. Mainly for more selection of team gear. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 months later...

Archived