Teal

2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

Atlético home:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The front of the shirt looks great, but the back... not so much. Still, it’s nice to see the return of classic stripes for them after the last two home kits have featured more experimental stripe designs.

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Atlético home:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The front of the shirt looks great, but the back... not so much. Still, it’s nice to see the return of classic stripes for them after the last two home kits have featured more experimental stripe designs.

LOL at all of the FootyHeadlines comments. “Nike have no creativity!” “It’s the same stuff every year!”

I guess they’re just damned if they do keep traditions, and most certainly damned if they don’t.

6 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Batman vs. Valencia CF Forever

March 21, 2019 - 18:08 PM

DC Comics is reportedly upset with Valencia CF, a six-time champion in Spain’s La Liga, over their commemorative centennial logo. Batman vs. Valencia? This is the worst one of all the sequels. According to a report earlier today in the […]

Read More...

i think it comes down to who copyrighted/trademark the logo first (even if the Bat from Valencia is older).  

see this:

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article224224035.html

Nike definitely has a problem with stripes on raglan sleeves. It doesn't look good.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Nike definitely has a problem with stripes on raglan sleeves. It doesn't look good.

That Athletico kits sleeves are pinched up for some reason. They'll look better on a person. 

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

That Athletico kits sleeves are pinched up for some reason. They'll look better on a person. 

I'm not sure, because for me stripes on scapula should be more rounded like on Inter. Now they too straight and didn't fit to stitches. Maybe on adults shirt it'll look better (FH reported this photo is a kids shirt).

What about Inter, I'm disappointing. This Pirelli part is completely out of place. Maybe if pattern was repeat? But the best way would be done all stripes in the same diagonal way and I was hoping for that after first rumors.

I feel like I’m going to really like Barcelona’s. A nice change. Hope yellow numbers are sticking around though (white sponsor throwing me off)

Galatasaray is a beauty. 10/10 for that

Inter gets a yikes, no. Why it can’t just be striped, idk. 

Atleti is okay but they could’ve done a better job with the back. 

Roma I also really like, but I think the hyundai sponsor sits a little too low

The stripes on Atleti look like that because it's a youth sizes jersey. Inter's youth shirt looks the same in the kids' size:

D2JKTpIXcAAKKeQ.jpg

Interesting development at Bayern.

It’s already been addressed earlier in the season that the fans protested home kits in any color other than red and white. In response, the club dropped the navy blue shorts (which I rather did like) and went with the classic all red look. Bayern typically does wear all red, but they are often an experimental club having worn plain colors, red and white stripes, red and blue stripes, contrasting sleeves, as well as blue, white, and even gray shorts all in their recent history.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The protests have continued. In their match with Dortmund last week, there was a fan display with the club President Uli Hoeneß wearing the mint colored secondary shirt and a message along the lines of “something that you wear on holiday, not on the football pitch.”

spacer.png

Possibly in response to the protests, today Bayern wore their Champions League third kit in the Bundesliga. I don’t recall them having done this before. It’s interesting because the Champions League doesn’t permit team names on the back of kits, and Bayern’s Bundesliga kits always bear the club name on the upper back. So their Champions League shirt uses the format most other leagues do with the player name above the number. It also does not include the Qatar Airways patch on the sleeve.

spacer.png

The reason this interests me: because it is intended specifically for the Champions League, adidas sells the shirt in the exact same way that it’s worn in the CL. No team name on the back nor Qatar Airways.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bayern’s kit worn today did indeed include the printing on the upper back and the sponsor logo. I wonder if they made a special request to adidas for this kit or if it was made in house?

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Interesting development at Bayern.

It’s already been addressed earlier in the season that the fans protested home kits in any color other than red and white. In response, the club dropped the navy blue shorts (which I rather did like) and went with the classic all red look. Bayern typically does wear all red, but they are often an experimental club having worn plain colors, red and white stripes, red and blue stripes, contrasting sleeves, a well as blue, white, and even gray shorts all in their recent history.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The protests have continued. In their match with Dortmund last week, there was a fan display with the club President Uli Hoeneß wearing the mint colored secondary shirt and a message along the lines of “something that you wear on holiday, not on the football pitch.”

spacer.png

Possibly in response to the protests, today Bayern wore their Champions League third kit in the Bundesliga. I don’t recall them having done this before. It’s interesting because the Champions League doesn’t permit team names on the back of kits, and Bayern’s Bundesliga kits always bear the club name on the upper back. So their Champions League shirt uses the format most other leagues do with the player name above the number. It also does not include the Qatar Airways patch on the sleeve.

spacer.png

The reason this interests me: because it is intended specifically for the Champions League, adidas sells the shirt in the exact same way that it’s worn in the CL. No team name on the back nor Qatar Airways.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bayern’s kit worn today did indeed include the printing on the upper back and the sponsor logo. I wonder if they made a special request to adidas for this kit or if it was made in house?

spacer.png

spacer.png

The lettering should have already been available locally, they most likely had to special order the sleeve patches. I know we get cranky about uniforms that change from the norm, but that's just crazy to me. 

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The lettering should have already been available locally, they most likely had to special order the sleeve patches. I know we get cranky about uniforms that change from the norm, but that's just crazy to me. 

It’s especially interesting to me because the lettering and sponsor patch come pre-applied directly from adidas so that’s not something they have to apply themselves normally. The team lettering is a different size from the player name so they can’t use those letters. Either a special request from adidas or they had to order the lettering and sponsor patches themselves.

2 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

It’s especially interesting to me because the lettering and sponsor patch come pre-applied directly from adidas so that’s not something they have to apply themselves normally. The team lettering is a different size from the player name so they can’t use those letters. Either a special request from adidas or they had to order the lettering and sponsor patches themselves.

I figured they keep team names on a sheet somewhere  because my St. Pauli jerseys don't have them. Some teams save that for when people order names and numbers. 

I wonder what comes to the GM's mind to do this when the fans have protested repeatedly throughout the season.

Liverpool home:

spacer.png

Potentially their last NB kit. Pinstripes look cool but they brightened the red which sucks. Liverpool fans love the darker red shade of the past two seasons. 

Lower division English club (like, way lower I think) . . . but Hackeny Wick FC has produced some of the nicest kits I've ever seen.  Amazing work from a small club.  Shows that where there is a vision, and a will, there is a way.  That templated garbage we see from bigger clubs is just pure lazy.

From the release, "The ambition with this shirt project is for Hackney Wick FC to become the symbol of anti youth violence activism in London, and for it to become synonymous with the prospect of a bright and positive future for London’s young people. By wearing the shirt with its HWFC badge, you are taking a stance against the futility of violence, the horror and destructiveness of the world of gangs and its ability to ruin or end the lives of those involved, and shatter their families and destroy their communities."

6-hackney-wick-kit.jpg

11-hackney-wick-kit.jpg

13-hackney-wick-kit.jpg

https://www.soccerbible.com/performance/football-apparel/2019/03/hackney-wick-fc-launch-2019-kits-with-nike-london/

Liverpool home and home keeper kit officially unveiled:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m a big fan of this kit. And once again, it’s another really solid effort from New Balance.