Teal

2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

On 5/7/2019 at 7:29 PM, Mockba said:

Western United, a new A-League team for the 2019-20 season, releases their visual identity.

It looks like a first draft done 5 minutes before it was due to be released. 

Leicester has always felt all blue to me, but those white shorts look great. And they should ALWAYS keep the gold accents. Gorgeous.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:22 PM, MJWalker45 said:

It looks like a first draft done 5 minutes before it was due to be released. 

Eh, could it be better? Sure, but it has a simplicity like the current Juventus badge. I kinda like it. 

31 minutes ago, sonny said:

Eh, could it be better? Sure, but it has a simplicity like the current Juventus badge. I kinda like it. 

The beveling gives it that incomplete look. 

It really bugs me that Leicester use athletic gold on their crest and metallic gold on the kits.

This is an interesting notion, that Juventus went to halved shirts to boost sales in the US. 

They seem to have mistaken baseball umpires for hockey refs.  

But it’s food for thought; black and white stripes are so ingrained in our culture that people don’t want to buy Juventus shirts. 

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

This is an interesting notion, that Juventus went to halved shirts to boost sales in the US. 

They seem to have mistaken baseball umpires for hockey refs.  

But it’s food for thought; black and white stripes are so ingrained in our culture that people don’t want to buy Juventus shirts. 

It makes sense, but it seems strange that they would use only one markets performance/selling as a reason for change. My one nitpick about the jersey is the big honking black block on the back for Names, numbers and the trampstamp ad, why not break the pink line ans use pink names, numbers and ad?

That is interesting. I’m sure their marketing people are professionals and have the data or whatever. But I don’t tend to see anyone wearing Serie A teams though, compared with EPL and La Liga and even Ligue 1 now (well, PSG), not just Juve.

9 hours ago, WBeltz said:

It makes sense, but it seems strange that they would use only one markets performance/selling as a reason for change. My one nitpick about the jersey is the big honking black block on the back for Names, numbers and the trampstamp ad, why not break the pink line ans use pink names, numbers and ad?

Don’t underestimate how large the American market is, especially for a European powerhouse. If they have data to suggest that Americans don’t buy their jerseys because “they look like the refs”, then a 1-year change makes sense, to see if sales go dramatically up. I don’t think that’s the case (it’s probably just that there aren’t many Juventus fans here), but if they do, go for it.

Exactly.  Foreign leagues have been watching the growth of soccer (including, if not especially, MLS) and are desperate to get into this marketplace.  That’s why leagues are partnering to get their games on television in the US.  It’s why La Liga opened an office in New York.

Besides, we’ve seen this before, when the new owner of Cardiff City changed the Bluebird’s shirt from, well, blue to red.  He thought he could sell more shirts in Asia, where red is a lucky color.  That one didn’t go over so well with his existing fans, and he had to change it back.  But I do not doubt that a big club like Juventus salivates at the thought of 370 million potential new customers.

Not to mention that Juventus already sees itself as much a fashion brand as a football club. 

Liverpool alternate reportedly features a blue liverbird.

12 hours ago, Digby said:

That is interesting. I’m sure their marketing people are professionals and have the data or whatever. But I don’t tend to see anyone wearing Serie A teams though, compared with EPL and La Liga and even Ligue 1 now (well, PSG), not just Juve.

I see a shocking number of PSG kits here, I guess for Neymar and maybe Mbappe. I seriously doubt any of these people have watched a single Ligue 1 match, but then again, PSG only cares about Ligue 1 as a method of getting into the Champions League where they can fail again. 

since I'm a degenerate hipster i have an old Palermo shirt that I picked up for a song on ClassicFootballShirts

0P5nBqk.jpg

1 minute ago, fbjim said:

I see a shocking number of PSG kits here, I guess for Neymar and maybe Mbappe. I seriously doubt any of these people have watched a single Ligue 1 match, but then again, PSG only cares about Ligue 1 as a method of getting into the Champions League where they can fail again. 

The stars are why people buy certain jerseys. I'd expect a more traditional look from Juve in 2020-21 because Ronaldo will help sell more jerseys than Chiellini ever could. 

30 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Liverpool alternate reportedly features a blue liverbird.

Yep:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I do quite like that coral/navy color combination, but it doesn't suit Liverpool at all; hard to see that this will go down well with the supporters. I've found that New Balance's color schemes for Liverpool have left a lot to be desired. I miss the simple green and yellow base options for their away kits.

4 hours ago, fbjim said:

I have a limited view of soccer jersesy in Iowa, but I see a lot of ManU, Sporting KC, Minnesota United, a few PSG, and a lot of Club America & Chivas stuff. 

1 hour ago, Berlin Wall said:

Crystal Palace finally got rid of the yellow.

michybatshuayi1205a.jpg?w968

I actually liked the yellow. But I assume if they wanted to avoid a looking like Barcelona.  

Liverpool’s away kit is almost exactly like Bournemouth’s recent away kit. Both look very good but it’s funny how close they are in colour scheme. The salmon/pink colour is on Bournemouth’s kit as well. 

As an LFC fan, the blue doesn’t really bother me much. It’s much darker than Everton’s shade of blue, and often with navy it should look closer to black half the time. 

Do United fans get that upset when they wear a blue kit every other season?