Edmonton Roadrunners new logo

Frylock

Today, the Edmonton Roadrunners unveiled their new logo, thus replacing the previous logo which had been a holdover since the franchise's days in Phoenix and the original WHA. Behold, the logo:

edm_250.jpg

And you can read all about it here. Gentlemen, start your concepts! :hockeysmiley:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add to this update, Roadrunners jerseys are still not yet going to be made public, though I have it on a source from the Oilers merchandising dept. that the primary color of the Roadrunners jersey will be the dark blue currently used on the Oilers third jerseys. There is also supposedly two shoulder patches: one, which is the Oilers current primary logo (sounds strange to me, given the team's name is not the Oilers) and a "double R" logo that may or many not contain the name "Edmonton" above it.

Welcome, Edmonton Road Runners, to the 21st Century! Try catching this, Wile E. Coyote, suuuuuuper genius!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

i shed tears for this moment...one more classic bites the dust :cry:

i don't even know what to call this thing. cus as with the Bengals B, calling it a logo is an insult to real logos such as the one this is replacing.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Am I seeing the same thing as the rest of you? The beak, mouth, and eye shaped to make a drag racing car. And the hair making up the smoke coming out of the back of the car. I'm just trying to make something out of this cartoon character.

Am I seeing the same thing as the rest of you? The beak, mouth, and eye shaped to make a drag racing car. And the hair making up the smoke coming out of the back of the car. I'm just trying to make something out of this cartoon character.

I thought of that as well. Another thing, why is the beak dented?

I saw, I came, I left.

I like the lay-out, I don't mind the font. But, the "Chucky" RoadRunner has to go! A RoadRunner with sharp teeth?? It would look a lot better with the old logo RoadRunner head in place of this one. It would be updated, yet tie in to the old logo.

Quick question: With the Oilers and 'Runners sharing the arena, will BOTH logos be displayed on the ice. I figure the Oilers would be displayed if it were only one. I just wonder if there is a way to display both. Would the NHL allow it? Or would they have to remove or cover the'Runners logo for an Oilers game. Would the on ice sponsors have to sponsor both teams.

Archived