Goodbye, Weight Watchers, Hello..... WW?

johnnysama

https://www.forbes.com/sites/macaelamackenzie/2018/09/26/the-new-weight-watchers-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-weight-ww-is-all-about-wellness/ - Sorta related to the recent change to Dunkin' Donuts becoming simply Dunkin', but Weight Watchers has undergone a change and is now..... WW. It also has a new logo to go along with it:

WW_(rebrand)_logo_2018.png

I don't know what to make of this. It just seems.... rather bizarre. It also conjures up images of WWE or the WWF. Thumbs down for me.

UBwef0L.png

Two W's for whitewashed.

If the stated goal for the rebrand was a bigger target market, I could at least get behind the concept, but this change was sparked by the fattest society in human history thinking dieting is unhealthy. I'm curious to see if the brand can successfully attract new non-weight-focused demos or if they simply push away their existing customers.

2 hours ago, johnnysama said:

I don't know what to make of this. It just seems.... rather bizarre.

Bizarre is right.  The six-syllable mouthful "double-u double-u" is twice the length of the former name "Weight Watchers", and is just a nightmarish name for a product line.

54 minutes ago, RockyTopper said:

Who could that be? Woodrow Wilson? Willy Wonka?

....Walter White?

It ain't Vendell Vilkie!

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Two W's for whitewashed.

If the stated goal for the rebrand was a bigger target market, I could at least get behind the concept, but this change was sparked by the fattest society in human history thinking dieting is unhealthy. I'm curious to see if the brand can successfully attract new non-weight-focused demos or if they simply push away their existing customers.

Their existing customers are very loyal and they appreciate the accountability of the meetings.  

Those who left have felt shamed and that thinness was a concentration from many counselors.

Plus, wearing a FitBit or Apple Watch to track their caloric intake, and can use the internet for support and recipes than going to meetings.

As for the "WW", Warner Bros./DC comics might raise a stink.  

puts two capital Ws on top of one another

"That'll be $150,000 please."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived