Artist4Adonai

Atlanta Braves Alternate Road Uni Concept

I recently had an idea for an alternate Braves road uniform. It falls more in line the Atlanta's ivory home alternate throwback. I think it's got the classic, simple aesthetic with the more modern "ATL" moniker.

QaGoTie.jpg

No way would they do this now that they play out of the perimeter.

Not crazy about it either.  Maybe I'd feel different if you found a way to add the tomahawk.

Road Concept #2

L8Hj7Cn.jpg

Nice template. I like the second concept more than the first. The first is missing something. Obviously ATL is important to the City of Atlanta, but for some reason, I can't see the Braves representing that part of the city's identity. Maybe if it was a patch, or an element in a logo, but not as a wordmark like the Hawks. 

19 hours ago, Pengin. said:

Nice template. I like the second concept more than the first. The first is missing something. Obviously ATL is important to the City of Atlanta, but for some reason, I can't see the Braves representing that part of the city's identity. Maybe if it was a patch, or an element in a logo, but not as a wordmark like the Hawks. 

You may be right. It may work better on a hat in combo with their main script on the uni.

7R6BQmp.jpg

I REALLLLLY want to like version 1 but I cant

LOVE the Atl hat, wouldn't want to see it on-field. Maybe make it a BP hat so it's still "official" in some capacity but not game worn (but it's one of my favorite concepts I've seen. I would buy it and I don't wear hats and vowed long ago to only wear my favorite teams on the rare occasion I do)

I like the concept of the "Atl" script, but it just doesn't work here. I also want to like the "Atl" hat, but it just doesn't feel right for some reason.  I do agree with trying to incorporate the Tomahawk on the jersey script, I think that will help.  Cool idea though!

On 10/1/2018 at 2:39 AM, OaklandIsBack said:

I REALLLLLY want to like version 1 but I cant

LOVE the Atl hat, wouldn't want to see it on-field. Maybe make it a BP hat so it's still "official" in some capacity but not game worn (but it's one of my favorite concepts I've seen. I would buy it and I don't wear hats and vowed long ago to only wear my favorite teams on the rare occasion I do)

I agree that I'd rather see the ATL cap as a spring training or BP cap. I don't even like the red tomahawk A cap that they used to wear with the old red Sunday unis. The ATL mark may also be a decent sleeve patch.