Sign in to follow this  
DTConcepts

NY Islanders Adidas Alt Redo

Recommended Posts

I know the Isles' new alternate hasn't been officially released yet, but here's how I'd fix the leaked, supposed alternate jersey. One version utilizes the edited 'NY' logo whereas the other uses the new 'Isles' script.

quPho5C.jpg

qwmmGLr.jpg

 

And there's that! What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the first one better, but only part that isn’t as good is the collar. Make the outer part either all orange or all blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Like the first one better, but only part that isn’t as good is the collar. Make the outer part either all orange or all blue. 

 

How's this?

iAseG6J.jpg

4lXegtr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version one would make a fine alternate.  I think the striping is much improved and the shoulder patches look really nice.  My only suggestion is to fix the collar so the patches can breathe a little more.  Maybe make the orange part white and the blue part orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good, a white collar with the orange trim would look best with the first option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreeing with them. After seeing it I think white with orange trim is the way to go on the collar 

 

side note: I like the background and presentation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Morgo said:

Version one would make a fine alternate.  I think the striping is much improved and the shoulder patches look really nice.  My only suggestion is to fix the collar so the patches can breathe a little more.  Maybe make the orange part white and the blue part orange.

 

11 hours ago, Lycan38 said:

Looks good, a white collar with the orange trim would look best with the first option.

 

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

Agreeing with them. After seeing it I think white with orange trim is the way to go on the collar 

 

side note: I like the background and presentation 

 

Like this?

LohSVup.jpg

GM3Kori.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly like that. Can't think of anything else to improve upon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would fill in the "Isles" wordmark. Either orange with a white outline, or white with an orange outline, depending on how it would play with the numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

I would fill in the "Isles" wordmark. Either orange with a white outline, or white with an orange outline, depending on how it would play with the numbers.

 

Filled in the classic four stripes on the fish hook. Think it looks real solid, certainly better than an orange wordmark.

jnUhycr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much improved striping on the jersey from real life! Your latest collar iteration looks really clean.

 

I can't decide if I like that "Isles" script. I feel it would look better as "Islanders," but it works well enough on your concept. I don't like the Stanley Cup stripes on it, though.

 

Looks good; better than the inspiration, for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really like that last script one. the only thing i'd do is pick one or the other: shoulder yoke or patches. it feels kinda crammed in up there. and if you're going patches with no contrasting yoke, then i'd mess around with something a little new (maybe the stand alone LI silhouette?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baymenxpac said:

i really like that last script one. the only thing i'd do is pick one or the other: shoulder yoke or patches. it feels kinda crammed in up there. and if you're going patches with no contrasting yoke, then i'd mess around with something a little new (maybe the stand alone LI silhouette?)

 

Tried the LI silhouette. Didn't work. How's this?

rX5VncT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second shirt makes me think of Spinal Tap creating a hockey jersey for a concert in Brooklyn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great! Gotta like a good lighthouse Islanders concept, and the color balancing is perfect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this