Griff's First Sports Concepts (New York Baseball 1/32)

Griff 3man

Hello!

I’ve always been a huge fan of sports branding and history, but I’ve never actually taken to creating my own logos/jerseys until now. I figured this would be the best place to post my first attempts at creating teams because you all seem to give useful feedback, even if it isn’t always exactly what the artist want to hear. 

For this project I’ve created 8 team leagues for baseball, american football, basketball, and hockey, and I've decided to use my own templates. The templates are pretty basic but I’m proud of them. Any recommendations for upgrading the templates would be greatly appreciated as well. I should also mention that for the time being I am using a program called Vectr.

First up will be the Stars and Stripes Baseball League. Each team will have a home, away, and alternate uniform. The 8 teams will be in these markets:

New York
Los Angeles
Chicago
Houston
Phoenix
Philadelphia
San Antonio
San Diego

The first team posted is the New York Honeycrisps, which is based on the “Big Apple” nickname for New York. I know cliches aren’t always the best way to go, but I couldn’t keep myself from trying to create an apple holding a bat. Anyways, I’d really appreciate your feedback on what areas I could improve in. Thanks for reading! 

SQINKTh.png

E4xDdDc.png

NLV7DEZ.png

3oUnEXj.png

OB2sFI1.png

3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I like the apple theme, but I don't know if Honeycrisps fits...

Thanks for the feedback! I chose Honeycrisps because I thought it was the best sounding name out of all of the varieties I found on the New York Apple Association website. Any suggestions for names that you all think would better fit the concept would be greatly appreciated. I'll gladly redo the uniforms if a better name comes along.

OB2sFI1.png

2 hours ago, Whittier S said:

Honeycrisps were created in Minnesota and it's a huge point of pride here. That's why I don't think it fits.

Clearly I missed that while scanning the web. I'm very sorry about that. I have decided to shorten the name to Crisps. The new name is based off of the Autumn Crisp apple that was created by Cornell University, which is in Ithaca, New York. Here are the updated home and alternate jerseys:

aTZQcxW.png

66i9o4C.png

Thanks again for the feedback so far. Any criticism regarding the designs before I move on to team #2?

OB2sFI1.png

Archived