The 2018 MLB Tiebreaker Logos

The 2018 MLB Tiebreaker Logos

October 1, 2018 - 14:15 PM

Every year I get a look at the entire Major League Baseball Postseason logo collection and every year I just skip right past a few pages in there… Why? They’re Tiebreaker logos. A series of logos which will almost certainly […]

Read More...

9 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Why do they even make these logos?

Well I guess if you're making all the other postseason logos it's not that hard to make these but if there ever was an unnecessary logo this is it. 

These games got a huge amount of play on social media.  Baseball would have been incredibly foolish not to include them in the postseason package. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

These games got a huge amount of play on social media.  Baseball would have been incredibly foolish not to include them in the postseason package. 

From a branding perspective, you're absolutely right, but I have to admit, the pedant in me is annoyed by the fact that these logos are part of the postseason package, but are for what's technically a regular season game.

13 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

Also, how would they even get to a Wild Card tiebreaker? I really don’t get Baseball sometimes.

What's not to understand? 

The top records in each division get a playoff spot.  Once those three teams are removed, the two clubs with the next best records each get a Wild Card spot. 

If there are two teams in that position with identical records, they have a one-game playoff to decide which one will advance.

Archived