2018 MLB Postseason: The Hunt for <insert team color here> October

Crabcake

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

I know I have no horse in the race but I have been pulling slightly more for the Brewers, what with the whole 'Midwest is best' thing I should support. I'll tell you though, reading Milwaukee fans get pissed off on social media is so interesting to see from a more neutral perspective. Kind of makes you realize how silly and pessimistic I sound when April comes around in hockey season and the Sharks find a new way to let me down. I mean, really, "Come on guys! Play like you mean it! Like you want it!" is supposed to do something for them...how?

Credulous goobers of the Upper Midwest can be refreshing. I can try to make fun of them, but, like, they're not the ones who are profoundly depressed all the time and always getting angry at obscure blogs. But every day that the Brewers keep their season alive is a day they're not on facebook posting pictures of their dogs in Green Bay Packers stocking caps that the dogs don't really want to be wearing, so go Brewers, for, y'know, the sake of the dogs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

We were bound for another Boston title anyway. It's been five years since the last, and since 2004, they've won one within a five-year stretch.

I was rooting for Milwaukee, but then I realized what uniforms (and colors) would be remembered along with their first title.

9 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I can't recall the last time I hated a baseball team as much as these 2018 Red Sox

Really? Nothing in your posts would've tipped me off to that. 

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

To be honest, I think this is the first time I haven’t been bugged by the Red Sox in a long while. I mean, how can you hate Mookie and J.D. and JBJ? They’ve honestly got some really likeable guys on that roster right now. I’m not necessarily rooting for them, but I’d be totally fine with them winning it this go around.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 minute ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I would rather see the Yankees win the next 11 World Series in a row than the Red Sox ever win another one

No you wouldn’t. You’d equally bitch if the Yankees were up 3-1.

I don’t know if this baseball thing is for you. I’m not sure sports are for you.

Get out.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

11 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I would rather see the Yankees win the next 11 World Series in a row than the Red Sox ever win another one

Go to Boston with a megaphone, and make a scene by yelling at a bunch of people outside Fenway/Foxboro with the diatribes you post here. See how they react. Don’t talk the talk if you can’t walk the walk in public!

If you can’t do that, please stop spamming the boards and take you act to Reddit, Twitter, or another forum. We’re tired of you.

4 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Go to Boston with a megaphone, and make a scene by yelling at a bunch of people outside Fenway/Foxboro with the diatribes you post here. See how they react. Don’t talk the talk if you can’t walk the walk in public!

If you can’t do that, please stop spamming the boards and take you act to Reddit, Twitter, or another forum. We’re tired of you.

Are you sure he knows where Boston is?

I mean, he's totally right that developing one of the deepest farm systems in baseball by scouting, drafting, and developing well then having the patience to have those players blossom while simultaneously knowing which players to trade for one of the best pitchers in baseball and signing one of the best power hitters in baseball to fill the two major holes the team was facing and signing one of the best young bench coaches in baseball who also has Red Sox ties to be their manager and bringing in Tony LaRussa, baseball's resident Belichick to help out the front office and using analytics to understand every conceivable scenario and reacting correctly in nearly all of them is entirely luck based!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived