2018 MLB Postseason: The Hunt for <insert team color here> October

Crabcake

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Why do I wish Red Sox and Bruins fans well and enjoy bantering with them but want Patriots fans to get hit by a bus? They can't be that different.

Red Sox & Bruins have long storied history. Save for a couple token Super Bowl appearances in 1985 & 1996, the Patriots became part of the national conciousness in 2001. I'm just throwing that out there so who the :censored: really knows. 

13 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Why do I wish Red Sox and Bruins fans well and enjoy bantering with them but want Patriots fans to get hit by a bus? They can't be that different.

Boston's always been a baseball town. Most Sox fans were watching well before the '04 title, so they have perspective. The stereotype that Patriots fans started watching after they became a dynasty is like 3/4 true. I have a bunch of friends who didn't watch football before they won it all a few times and none in any of the other three sports. By the time the Bruins bandwagon got piled onto (around 08 or so when they started to be good again), they were still several years away from winning a championship. It's also the least popular of the sports in Boston by a large margin, so you get a lot fewer of the stereotypical mouth breathers that root or the Patriots. 

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

This Sox team was really fun to watch this year. And a great group of guys who just happened to be really darn good at baseball; it was tough not to want to root for them. They’ve earned every bit of it and the best team definitely won.

And good for David Price, seriously. I don’t know if this sheds that “bad postseason pitcher” burden completely away for good, but that’s gotta be great for him to get the W that seals the deal, and do it dominantly. Very happy for him.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Has Machado’s lack of hustle and dirty play this post season cost him a bigger payday? He has went from one of my favorites to one of my least favorite players in the last 2 months. 

Not happy seeing Boston gets another ring, but happy for the guys like Betts, Bogarts, Devers , Benintendi, all of which played High-A ball in my hometown. It’s cool to see those guys on that stage.

9 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The 2018 Red Sox are the 1991 Washington Redskins- damn near EVERYTHING came together, right place, right time.

Or maybe they were just really :censored:ing good. You decide, except you don’t. They were just that :censored:ing good.

15 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

2018 is the most heartbreaking season as a Yankees fan since 2004. Gutted.

Oh, go whine into one of your championship t-shirts from 2009 or the late-'90s. 

13 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

2018 is the most heartbreaking season as a Yankees fan since 2004. Gutted.

7 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The 2018 Red Sox are the 1991 Washington Redskins- damn near EVERYTHING came together, right place, right time.

Hmmmmmmm................Interesting. Very Interesting. 

As I've always said after a big Boston win, very blessed to be able to witness what I've witnessed and I truly wish everyone could capture the feeling of seeing their favorite ball club or sports franchise win a big one. I was hoping this series would go seven, but it was still great seeing the Red Sox pull it out. Congratulations to the Dodgers fans here as well and hopefully we can all have a repeat next season as well!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived