2018 MLB Postseason: The Hunt for <insert team color here> October

Crabcake

3 hours ago, Digby said:

I will also say, as a spoiled rotten Boston fan, that was easily the most fun and likable Red Sox team that I can remember. Between now and 2004 there's always been a bit of trouble finding an identity to this team, like it was just Ortiz and Pedroia and a bunch of mercenaries. But having a homegrown core that just so happens to be a bunch of good dudes who are also elite talents is kind of great!

The only Red Sox championship team I disliked was 2013 because they had a Drew and the Drews are what's wrong with baseball.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The only Red Sox championship team I disliked was 2013 because they had a Drew and the Drews are what's wrong with baseball.

Wait, Stephen was on that team and J.D. was on the 2007 team, right? I do agree with you and regret that the Red Sox are significant contributors to the Drew problem.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

23 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Why the anti-Yankee hatred man, I am just lamenting the sad ending to the baseball season. Congrats Red Sox whatever. Yankees, time for the ultimate revenge in 2019.

Sad because the Yankees only netted one title since 2000, compared to four from the Red Sox, three from the Giants, and two from the Cardinals? That puts you guys in the same boat as the Diamondbacks, Angels, Marlins, White Sox, Phillies, Royals, and Cubs. You have a championship in recent memory, which should satiate you for some time. Hell, I may whine about the terrible decisions of the Giants, but I am satiated for a long-ass time with championships.

In other words, welcome to being ordinary and watching the rest of the league catch up to you. You’ll probably be on top again soon enough, but remember that the rest of the baseball world despises your team and its fans.

9 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The 2011 Cardinals are no longer my least favorite team to ever win a World Series

Grab your megaphone and shout it at Boston City Hall. Yell at the top of your voice about it! Scream like you’ve never screamed before! Do you have the gumption to do it?

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

Obligatory Neil Diamond song for the occasion...

Sorry but what does a Neil Diamond song have to do with a baseball team winning the championship?

/s

spacer.png

All this JD Drew talk just made me realize an absolutely insane statistic. Each of the modern era World Series Red Sox teams hit at least one grand slam during the playoffs.

Damon in 04, JD Drew in 07, Ortiz AND Victorino in 13, and JBJ this year. Moral of the story? Hit grand slams.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

4 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Sorry but what does a Neil Diamond song have to do with a baseball team winning the championship?

/s

They're famous for playing it during games. It was a Sox thing before it spread everywhere else.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

16 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

jturmx.jpg

ahhhhh, missed the /s tag. Damn internet, standardize a sarcasm font already!

48 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Their Twitter header has a graphic that says Back to Back NL Champions.

Beyond this point, I don't know how it can feel like an accomplishment. All I get is back to back L's.

Hence why I haven't been tempted at all to rush out and get any NL Champs merchandise.

VmWIn6B.png

51 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I think we can finally re-title this thread's insert team color here.

Red October it was.

You sure?  Seemed like Navy October to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

We do colors based on sox in baseball, not jerseys.

FYP

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

World Series Trophy Damaged During Red Sox Parade

October 31, 2018 - 20:09 PM

The Boston Red Sox celebrated their latest World Series Championship with a parade through the streets of Boston this afternoon. While everyone was clearly in a festive mood, the star of the show, the World Series Trophy, didn’t quite have […]

Read More...

Archived