Geoffrey's Toy Box (aka Toys R Us)

MilSox

4 hours ago, NicDB said:

42939555_10215914025699455_2119350684498

It seems Toys R Us has come back as Geoffrey's Toy Box.  It sounds like their new strategy, at least for the immediate future, is to rebrand already existing toy sections in other stores with their own brand.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/03/how-toys-r-us-plans-to-make-its-comeback/ 

I swear they tried this before with Giant in MD. The Toy part-aisle of the grocery store was TRU and the school supply section was Staples. 

Are kids n the future even going to want toys the way we all did? I swear every baby born is already addicted to a smartphone or tablet. It won't be long before my almost 2 year old nephew is much faster on his mom's than his uncle Kyle is on his. 

packchampionslfroh.png

16 hours ago, KDubK414 said:

Are kids n the future even going to want toys the way we all did? I swear every baby born is already addicted to a smartphone or tablet. It won't be long before my almost 2 year old nephew is much faster on his mom's than his uncle Kyle is on his. 

I realize your question is for kids in the future, but I was born in 2004 and it was the most magical feeling every time I walked into a TRU store (until I was around 10). I know kids who are 3-5 who are also like that. All hope is not lost (although TRU closing is a big problem, as now kids maybe will only get that feeling while browsing toys on Amazon or something of the like, and I just can't imagine that)

ExJworW.png

Archived