American Patriot League

CrimsonBull9584

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We talked a lot about this in the XFL and AAF threads, and the answer is “Who the hell knows”?

Identifying a niche in the marketplace is usually one of the first things a new business does, but there’s no indication that any of these new minor leagues have done any thinking beyond “Americans love the NFL = Americans will support any pro football”.

Wasn’t part of it that they were marketing to hillbillies that were all about standing for the flag and reciting the pledge of allegiance during every time out?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That’s certainly the inference we’ve drawn. But that’s a temper tantrum, not a business model. 

Since 2010, the world has shown a temper tantrum is a very effective organizational model. Sells lot of ugly merchandise too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

must...resist...urge...to...merge...all...spring league threads...into...one...joke thread

I was thinking Spring Football Slapfight.

A Non-NFL Football League Battle Royal Death match as I stated on the first page. 

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, raysox said:

I’m surprised no one has tried a team in canton yet

Stadium only seats 23,000 in a league that really could use gate money.  Presumably the relevant model for them would be the World League (1970s edition) and the CFL setting up shop in Shreveport, only Independence Stadium seats twice that.  (and it didn't work out either time, obviously)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On 12/3/2018 at 3:51 PM, GDAWG said:

Threeve, a combination of five and three.

“And you wagered... Texas with a dollar sign in front of it. I’m speechless.”

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived