American Patriot League

CrimsonBull9584

46 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Oof. Using a smiley face on your professional football website and an old sideways text emoticon at that? Even the board here automatically switches it to an emoji automatically when I try to post it as text.

That's the sort of rubbish I'd expect from a UK semi-pro hockey league (either that or multiple exclamation points), not a league selling itself as an NFL alternative.

I'm region locked out of the news article, but this has delusions of grandeur written all over it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Every once in a while, a little honesty slips through. 😂

The best part came after that. 

Logistics of putting a new league together have been met with more disbelief than support.

That has not stopped us from moving forward into our future.

"Are we out of touch? No, no. It’s everyone else who’s wrong."

I just found this league and thread today.. Oh god what the heck did i get myself into. The league logo looks really bad. Also found the team list.

Houston, Texas: Why? The city will have an XFL team, So you just basically going to fail in the market.

Mobile, Alabama: Okay, not a bad choice. Almost had a PSFL team before it died a quick death. (wonder who will do a "what is" story with that league?)

Canton, Ohio: Dumb and also the championship game to be contested there? Wonder who will tune it to watch it. Probably me while drinking a few beers.

Dayton Beach, Florida: Actually a good rival to Mobile and Houston. Good choice but again who will watch it?

Sacramento, California: Wow.. you pushing it on this one. Seriously why that far? The teams are mostly in east and south eastern USA so that a far ways to play a game? Even the CFL had issues with it with the USA Experiments. Just no.. also to awnser your question @neo_prankster, Probably people who were forced or had no choice in going.

and finally.. Shreveport, Louisiana:  Please.. anywhere from here. I live near Shreveport (about less then 90 miles to and from Shreveport). Shreveport never really get to keep a football team for long. Thinking the Pirates are the longest one Outdoors? Might be the only team actually to play football outdoors. But seriously, I don't care what the team will be called but I probably will hate it. If they resurrect the Shreveport Pirates I probably lose it.

That leaves two unannounced teams. I be waiting to see what they will be called. For now i need relax. Thanks for reading.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

2 hours ago, Quillz said:

I also expect it will be pushed back to 2021, then 2022, etc.

No no no, you see. They will be able to get the  AWESOME CLOUD NETWORK to reach over 10 Billion*  (includes 9.999999 Billion rocks and 1000 humans) and make over 7 Trillion Bitcoin! My source, some homeless person near the back alley of a 7-Eleven who believes that the Earth is a cube.

Drive for five..... Shots to my head

With the Seats burning at Citi ahead

25 minutes ago, NYUNDERDOGS said:

No no no, you see. They will be able to get the  AWESOME CLOUD NETWORK to reach over 10 Billion*  (includes 9.999999 Billion rocks and 1000 humans) and make over 7 Trillion Bitcoin! My source, some homeless person near the back alley of a 7-Eleven who believes that the Earth is a cube.

This is genius! Diobolic even. XD

Give that hobo an award.

14 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

Give that hobo an award.

Completely off-topic: I want at least one MLB play-by-play announcer to adopt this phrase as the nonsensical tag to his home run call.

"There's a deep drive to left-center field... Dunn drifts back... looking up... Give that hobo an award!!!" 

2 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

"There's a deep drive to left-center field... Dunn drifts back... looking up... Give that hobo an award!!!"

I can see Vin Scully saying that. Or Chris Bermen when he used to do MLB Play by Play for ESPN.

Archived