LA Clippers secondary logo rough Concept

Lindenborn17

So today is Friday and its super slow at work. I started thinking about random logos and thought about the LA Clippers and how horrible their rebrand was. I started sketching an idea based on how the Lakers and Dodgers both have their own "LA" logos. This is NOT a primary. More of a secondary/territary logo. Please understand i drew this at work and no way am I an artist. C & C welcome. Thinking about making a full concept out of this if enough interest is there. The main inspiration is a clipper/boat on the ocean. The sails form the upper half of the L and the A, while the wave forms the bottom of the L. Its a quick sketch and thinking about adding colors once I leave today. Any ideas would be welcome.fB9969g.png

An interesting idea, but I wonder if the L will work if the wave is in a different color than the sail part.

Honestly, I think this could work without making it an LA monogram... Just a blue wave & white sails!

Alternatively, if ditching the LA doesn't appeal to you, perhaps consider lowering the parts of the A (i.e. remove top triangle, add bar through bottom triangle)

Damn! I love this! If you’re open to suggestions, a colorway I could see would be maybe powder blue for the top of the L, royal for the bottom of the L, and orange for the A? Hopefully that makes sense. I like what you’ve got, keep it up!