Hand painted MLS team logos

PaleVermilion81

I've been working on painting logo blocks for an MLS standings board. I had created an NFL version of this a few years back, and since Minnesota United is now in the MLS, I thought it was time to make an MLS one. I underestimated the detail on these logos and the difficulty of painting them with acrylic. NFL logos aren't as detailed as MLS logos. I fact that didn't cross my mind until I started painting. The blocks are 5.125" x 2.5". In hindsight, I wish I had used oil paints as I think it may have been easier to get more precise colors when mixing and easier to work with the fine detail. All in all I'm pretty happy with them, though. Up to this point, I think I've spent about 50 hours on this project. Next step is to stain the board, paint the MLS logo, and get magnets attached to the board.

UKG9EsV.jpg

io4Q9jO.jpg

EzgwENl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vermillion?

You don't realize this, but if you want, you have just founded yourself a business.

There are people out there who would pay, and payhandsomely, for these.  If you'd like to explore that as a possibility, PM me.  As part of what I do is help provide counsel to start-up business ventures, I'd love to help you if you're interested, and invite you to PM me to exchange e-mail addresses and discuss it further.

This is definitely something that, with further refinement and appropriate licensing, could be quite marketable and profitable for you.

nav-logo.png

25 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I have no interest in making it a business. It is 100% pure pleasure. I created these for myself and my own enjoyment. To make it a business takes the fun out of it. 

I can understand that.  I wish I had the kind of talent that I could do something along those lines.

nav-logo.png

• 3 months later...

With the playoff format change to 7 teams, I had to do some adjusting to my board. Originally I had 6 teams in the outside columns to represent the playoff teams, and then 8 in the middle for the non-playoff teams which also accounted for future expansion to 28 teams. With the change, and being I had stained the board, I had to get creative with how to cover up the spots left by the magnets I had to remove. Overall I'm pretty happy with the solution. Also got FCC's logo in. Additionally, wow, I'm actually dreading adding Nashville to this board. Their logo is going to look even worse cropped.

xVetvF6.jpg

LZqY4fv.jpg

Archived