Montreal Alouettes teasing re-brand

Evil Doctor

5 minutes ago, M4One said:

Where did you get that it will be on top of the helmets?  That would look pretty bad if that's the plan.

The picture on the mothership article kind of shows it. 

MONTREAL-ALOUETTES-NEW-UNIFORM-2019.jpg 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you get that it will be on top of the helmets?  That would look pretty bad if that's the plan.

The picture on the mothership article kind of shows it. 

MONTREAL-ALOUETTES-NEW-UNIFORM-2019.jpg

If that is, in fact, going to be the placement of the new logo on the helmets, I don't see said positioning lasting more than 3 to 5 years... at the LONGEST! After that, I believe the new logo will be reduced in size and placed in the more conventional position on each side of the helmet.

Bottom line? This is shaping-up to be the CFL's version of the "Jacksonville Jaguars' Two-Tone Helmet" experiment.    

I like the concept, but the historical logos as smaller decals on the side clutter it up. Your helmet should not double as a logo timeline.

EDIT - the historical logos kind of remind me of when, during College Senior Bowls of the 90's, the players would swap decals with other players and slap them on their helmet for the game.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived