Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very disappointed with what has leaked thus far. The marlin looks good, but the heavy use of black has me concerned. The fans have been clear on what their preference in. Someone said it looks like what New Yorkers think Miami is and it’s appropriate.

I’ll withhold full judgment until the whole set is released. I’d like to believe in a perfect world this was a planned leaked to make last minute tweaks based on the reaction— which has been overwhelmingly negative down here. 

1997 | 2003

13 minutes ago, Quillz said:

I wonder if Marlins Man will approve of the new logo and uniforms.

Please don't feed the trolls.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

So, freed from Twitter, these are the ones we're talking about.

DpuD8CRUcAAtNEi.jpg

How would one even draw an M like that if it was in a script?  If you give the logo more than just a passing glance, it's completely awful.  The let and right side of the M don't belong together, and the M is in such an unnatural form that it hurts my brain to even look at it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

He will when the team is good again. For the record I hate that guy. 

He'll probably keep wearing that orange jersey since it's what makes him stand out. A lot of people have gotten tired of his routine looking at social media. There was a meme going around of all the times he was literally staring at his phone during big moments. lol. Give more props to Jeter for kicking him to the curb, because he has become more of an embarrassment to the Marlins than anything.

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How would one even draw an M like that if it was in a script?

Start at the bottom right, go up, down, up, down, double back up the way you came, go right and then loop back left, then go back the way you came back down to the bottom left, then turn the brush of your pen into a fish. It's as easy as 1-2-3-4-3-5-6-7-6-5-8-9-Fish.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 minutes ago, LMU said:

This would actually be a great use of a white paneled cap (excuse the rushed vectorization).

1G3ScuW.png

I could get behind something like that, honestly. I think if that’s going to be the logo, that’s the ideal way to use it on the hat as-is, as I’m really not sure it’s gonna show up that well on the blue and will certainly look less than ideal against black.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, Quillz said:

I wonder if Marlins Man will approve of the new logo and uniforms.

HaHa.  I was gonna mention this.  He might be screwed if there isn't a fuschia/orange (whatever that 2nd color is) alternate for him to wear, and I don't see that happening. 

Any leaks of apparel for next year yet?  I didn't care for this years batting practice jerseys.  I'd prefer they go back to a button down or maybe even something like an old school v neck pullover.  I know someone posted a pic somewhere indicating the bp caps may be going back to diamond era material as well.

Okay, it looks a little better against black than I thought, but still not totally ideal. I just wonder how that’s going to look from a distance. A blue marlin at the very least would’ve helped. 

Also, am I mistaken in understanding they were unveiling the logo right after the World Series, or is that something else? If so, isn’t the “mockups-awaiting-league-approval” stage cutting it kind of close for that? Or would I be wrong? I’ve never worked in the industry so I really don’t know, it just seems like a tight window to me.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

At least the cap picture shows that it's definitely Miami Vice colors and not the burgundy that the ticket stub hinted at.

Now, the question is if they'll repaint the inside of the stadium to match or if they're keeping the blinding green walls.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived