Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

A few thoughts after seeing the rebrand in action:

The home whites should have the "Marlins" script on the front.

All the scripts should incorporate the hat logo with the fish instead of just a plain capital M.

The black alternate looks cool with that neon effect, but they really need another alternate in the rotation (either blue or red-orange) to prevent it from being overused.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m trying to find something I like about the new uniforms, but I can’t. Black logo on a black hat, same with black alternate, fish facing away on the left sleeve. With some tweaks, it could be so much better...blue M on hats, blue writing on black jerseys, blue alternate would be a start for me.

KISSwall09.jpg

I don't know guys. Living in the southwest, this new primary logo is stunning on all formats. Not sure if stunning is such a good word now. 

mm63qw.jpg

The marlins M does stand out. But it's an outlier and and you do have to swint your eyes. 

Aka. Black on black in any format is absolute TRASH. 

They now standout as having no true white elements for basic TV coverage elements. 

Other than the Astros have too bright of a logo, from a long distance away, the new Marlins MIAMI logo is blurry as hell. They are unique now as being absolute trash. I guess credit to them now lol 

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

I don't know guys. Living in the southwest, this new primary logo is stunning on all formats. Not sure if stunning is such a good word now. 

mm63qw.jpg

The marlins M does stand out. But it's an outlier and and you do have to swint your eyes. 

They now standout as having no true white elements for basic TV coverage elements. 

Other than the Astros have too bright of a logo, from a long distance away, the new Marlins MIAMI logo is blurry as hell. They are unique now as being absolute trash. I guess credit to them now lol 

It would be better if they used the cap logo there instead of the primary like the rest of the teams. There's a lot going on in that Marlins primary logo, especially with the wordmark superimposed on the fish's tail and the lower part of the baseball. Based on my experiences with both TV and browsing the web, neither logo looks super great when in smaller scale formats, like scoreboards or standings columns.

While watching tonight's game I was thinking that ideally I'd like to see the caps have an M on them, but the version with the just the fish (BP & ST) looks so much better. The colors are less muddled and don't have that purple noisy effect.

On 4/6/2019 at 9:00 PM, MattMill said:

mm63qw.jpg

The one place I've seen the logo look good on TV is MLB Network, and that's only when they use a blue background and using the M logo.  I've tried to grab a screenshot of that and can't quite capture it, but I love the look of it on there.  If they'd always use it with a blue background I think it would look fantastic.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

Seeing the AFL jersey unveiling the other day, I noticed their jerseys were made by Phenom Elite. Browsing their Ig, I came across this football uniform

See this Instagram post by @phenomelite

I feel the Marlins have real teal potential. I know the shades of colors aren't exact. But we see a bigger red outline with a teal base jersey

It's possible but we need the accent colors to pop more. 

spacer.png

Not a total fan of the numbers and outline here. If you want to embrace the new red, I think they can. 

It doesn't help that the colors aren't always optically consistent. The blue sometimes looks teal-ish. The red sometimes looks pink, other times orange. The red and blue together often look purple. I can't think of too many other MLB teams that have this problem. Admittedly it might be more of a result of selecting unconventional colors (not necessarily a bad thing), and less an issue of design. However, I do suspect that these issues would be averted if the colors were utilized more prominently in the design.

35 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

So wait... the Marlins are using red? I thought it was a red-ish shade of orange? Which is it?

They call it "caliente red" which definitely is more on the red side of the spectrum, although it does not always appear that way. They ditched the red-orange from the previous set which was more in line with what you describe.

8 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

They call it "caliente red" which definitely is more on the red side of the spectrum, although it does not always appear that way. They ditched the red-orange from the previous set which was more in line with what you describe.

spacer.png

Source: TruColor

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

14 hours ago, MattMill said:

spacer.png

Not a total fan of the numbers and outline here. If you want to embrace the new red, I think they can. 

To me this set would look so much better with white pants. Does anyone know the reason why the MLB won't let teams wear white pants on the road (but they'll let teams wear the same color tops)? That seems even more ridiculous than the NFL helmet rule. 

Archived