Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

3 hours ago, Camden Crazy said:

Four-seamer?  Two-seamer?  Sinker? Cutter?

All are designed to disguise the pitch and look like a generic fastball, so picking up spin and discerning between them is difficult even without shadows, so the differences are less of an issue..

And as far as the number of options, sinkers and 2-seamers are essentially the same pitch, and cutters are only effectively different from 4-seamers if the batter bats opposite the pitcher's throwing arm (opposite is the case for sinkers/2-seamers), plus fastballs don't move as much as slower pitches, so it's really a non issue.. see fastball; swing at fastball; if it's 90+, you're lucky to make solid contact even if you DO know where it's going..

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing baseball, a summer game in a dome or roofed stadium is sacrilege. Uniform colors don't pop,  It looks ugly, boring, lifeless, both in person and on TV.

Retract  the roof! So what  if some rain falls, or that it gets a little hot, what did the audience do 50-100 years ago? They were happy just being outdoors.

But i guess the sunshine these days makes it hard to read your cell phone, which you of course are glued to instead of the game your paid money to see.

Thank goodness for the huge distracting nets they had to install so people like you don't have to pay attention to the game. You are comfortable in your seat, shaded from foul balls, wind, rain and sunshine. And can both text and eat nachos and huge burgers without any nasty distractions. 

17 minutes ago, skip88 said:

Playing baseball, a summer game in a dome or roofed stadium is sacrilege. Uniform colors don't pop,  It looks ugly, boring, lifeless, both in person and on TV.

Retract  the roof! So what  if some rain falls, or that it gets a little hot, what did the audience do 50-100 years ago? They were happy just being outdoors.

But i guess the sunshine these days makes it hard to read your cell phone, which you of course are glued to instead of the game your paid money to see.

Thank goodness for the huge distracting nets they had to install so people like you don't have to pay attention to the game. You are comfortable in your seat, shaded from foul balls, wind, rain and sunshine. And can both text and eat nachos and huge burgers without any nasty distractions. 

I bet you still churn your own butter.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

1 hour ago, skip88 said:

Given the era you’re obviously from, why are you watching games on TV?

4 hours ago, skip88 said:

Okay, this is fair. 

4 hours ago, skip88 said:

Hmmm, not too unreasonable. You still got me.

5 hours ago, skip88 said:

Well, ummm... uhh. Weird rant, but I guess I understand your opinion

Thank goodness for the huge distracting nets they had to install so people like you don't have to pay attention to the game.

And you lost me. Not like nets are needed for safety. (And literally not distracting to anyone)

I'm trying to remember what my visit to Marlins Park was like, but I seem to remember it being an overall dark venue, without much other light getting in.

That's what may make the shadows worse than in an open-air park — if there's not much light getting in to begin with, the shadows are probably really dark.

6fQjS3M.png

Um ok, the reason for domed stadiums especially in Florida is because it rains every afternoon here in the summer months. If it wasn’t for domes the games would always be delays or only played at night. I’m sure other locations are similar like Seattle which rains 11 months out of the year. 

46 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Saturday evening

I was there too... phenomenal weather, almost to the point where it didn't feel like we were outdoors, even though we were, if that makes any sense. I'm all for keeping the roof open on nights like that. That's a comfortable outdoor weather. There is a point soon though in South Florida where the weather is no longer comfortable to sit in.

40 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I was there too... phenomenal weather, almost to the point where it didn't feel like we were outdoors, even though we were, if that makes any sense. I'm all for keeping the roof open on nights like that. That's a comfortable outdoor weather. There is a point soon though in South Florida where the weather is no longer comfortable to sit in.

Yeah, evenings like that, some night games, all for it. If its 100 degrees  a 1PM I can understand closing, the heat is just unbearable or on super humid days/nights. 

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Um ok, the reason for domed stadiums especially in Florida is because it rains every afternoon here in the summer months. If it wasn’t for domes the games would always be delays or only played at night. I’m sure other locations are similar like Seattle which rains 11 months out of the year. 

Marlins played outdoors for almost 20 years

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It is a throwback to road uniforms, which is apparently being worn at home because reasons. 

Because the home fans want to see powder blue, and as the Royals’ powder tops prove, powder blue sets can either be road throwbacks or an extension of colored jerseys for home and road use.

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

Because the home fans want to see powder blue, and as the Royals’ powder tops prove, powder blue sets can either be road throwbacks or an extension of colored jerseys for home and road use.

Powder blue tops yes it can be a home alt, specifically for the royals, but when paired with powder blue bottoms it’s a road uniform.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Powder blue tops yes it can be a home alt, specifically for the royals, but when paired with powder blue bottoms it’s a road uniform.

It was. Since the end of full-time powder road uniforms, grey has become the standard road color, to the point where teams always wear grey pants on the road. Any non-grey shade of pants can be home pants.

I don’t get why people have such a problem with it. It’s not like fans are clamoring for the Phillies to consistently wear the pinstripe version of the 1971-91 set. The powder version makes excellent use of the maroon/powder color scheme, both colors used in the Phillies’ “retro” marketing. I guess you could add powder into the maroon/white pinstripes set, but that’s inaccurate.

Besides, the Blue Jays did it ages ago and nobody complained.

201711-roy-halladay-plane-crash.jpg?w=20

24 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

It was. Since the end of full-time powder road uniforms, grey has become the standard road color, to the point where teams always wear grey pants on the road. Any non-grey shade of pants can be home pants.

I don’t get why people have such a problem with it. It’s not like fans are clamoring for the Phillies to consistently wear the pinstripe version of the 1971-91 set. The powder version makes excellent use of the maroon/powder color scheme, both colors used in the Phillies’ “retro” marketing. I guess you could add powder into the maroon/white pinstripes set, but that’s inaccurate.

Besides, the Blue Jays did it ages ago and nobody complained.

201711-roy-halladay-plane-crash.jpg?w=20

No, any color other than white for pants is a road uniform. White is the standard and always has been, just because some teams want to wear a throwback road uniform at home doesn’t mean they should. It even says in the rule book teams are to have a white home uniform and a “color other than white” for the road uniform.

Archived