SilverBullet1929

Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Marlins copied the Heat.

Next question.

Which franchise is Crockett and which franchise is Tubbs?

Well, Tubbs was a New Yorker.  So obviously the Marlins are Tubbs, with that carpetbagger Jeter in the administration suite. 😛

Red and blue is different than teal and pink. Not sure how that's so hard to understand. 

I'm being facetious and exaggerating my point because of how sternly I was told last year that the Marlins did the copying but the Marlins have never once used a color after the Heat did while the Heat have just now taken light blue mere months after the Marlins just went to that color.

Edit: I mixed myself up, I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Red and blue is different than teal and pink. Not sure how that's so hard to understand. 

I'm being facetious and exaggerating my point because of how sternly I was told last year that the Marlins did the copying but the Marlins have never once used a color after the Heat did while the Heat have just now taken light blue mere months after the Marlins just went to that color.

Nothing I've just said is wrong. 

The Heat's Vice jerseys haven't used teal though. It's always been light blue trim. 

44 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Heat's Vice jerseys haven't used teal though. It's always been light blue trim. 

This is confusing me as well. The Heat do have some jerseys with teal in them, but not the Vice jerseys everyone thinks of. Those, on the other hand, have always displayed light blue:

Miami-Heat-City-Jersey-Unveiled.jpg

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Well, Tubbs was a New Yorker.  So obviously the Marlins are Tubbs, with that carpetbagger Jeter in the administration suite. 😛

The Florida Panthers are obviously Horatio Caine. Over-the-top, out-of-place, and just plain weird:

David+Caruso+CSI+Miami+Cast+Pose+Stanley

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

...then what in the world am I talking about?

Ugh, I may have been mixing up what Heat colors I'm thinking about. 

Was gonna delete my posts but I'm gonna be straight up, I screwed up. Apologies. 

Edit: I looked back on my posts for my own sanity... the Heat and Marlins don't use the exact shade of light blue so, in using the word teal, I mistakenly thought their blue was completely different but yes they're virtually identical to the naked eye. It's their pink vs red that is more drastically different which swayed the point I was trying to make. My bad.

The Heat's blue is lighter than the Marlins blue.  The Heat have pink. the Marlins have fire red.  Close but not the same. 

9 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

If the marlins truly copied the heat then the whole country would be celebrating their uniforms. But instead they’ve disgraced themselves apparently 

No one ever said it was a good imitation. 

On 7/1/2019 at 7:10 PM, Marlins93 said:

They probably did field test the black jersey and knew it was illegible. My guess is that they overlooked that part because they figured that the overall design was something that could be worn clubbing in South Beach (or so they wished). As in, they seemed to sacrifice what is practical for what could be deemed "fashionable" as street wear. Obviously something unconventional or conveying some kind of Miami flare is what they were attempting here. Whether or not they actually achieved that is debatable.

They also probably didn't place their focus group in a field test/ballpark situation, either, so there's that. I'd give anything to hear what went down during those deliberations.

They also apparently didn’t ask their focus group to wear a black jersey in July / August Florida sun. I ended up picking up the white home jersey at the game last weekend. I’ll admit the black jersey looks really sharp up close, but that thing would be way too hot to wear down here during baseball season. 

29 minutes ago, mmajeski06 said:

They also apparently didn’t ask their focus group to wear a black jersey in July / August Florida sun. I ended up picking up the white home jersey at the game last weekend. I’ll admit the black jersey looks really sharp up close, but that thing would be way too hot to wear down here during baseball season. 

They want you to wear that one to LIV

What is LIV?

Don't nightclubs in Miami make you wear something a little nicer than a baseball jersey?

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

Don't nightclubs in Miami make you wear something a little nicer than a baseball jersey?

Someone should tell that to the Marlins/MLB.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Marlins TV does uniform breakdown.  Say what you want about the black but it works.

spacer.png

*looks at the NL standings*

I wouldn’t say anything the Marlins have done this season “works.”

Hey, .500 in the black ain't bad.  Maybe they should be wearing it more often.  😜