Jump to content

Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand


SilverBullet1929
 Share

Recommended Posts

Red and blue is different than teal and pink. Not sure how that's so hard to understand. 

 

I'm being facetious and exaggerating my point because of how sternly I was told last year that the Marlins did the copying but the Marlins have never once used a color after the Heat did while the Heat have just now taken light blue mere months after the Marlins just went to that color.

 

Edit: I mixed myself up, I'm wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Red and blue is different than teal and pink. Not sure how that's so hard to understand. 

 

I'm being facetious and exaggerating my point because of how sternly I was told last year that the Marlins did the copying but the Marlins have never once used a color after the Heat did while the Heat have just now taken light blue mere months after the Marlins just went to that color.

 

Nothing I've just said is wrong. 

 

The Heat's Vice jerseys haven't used teal though. It's always been light blue trim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

The Heat's Vice jerseys haven't used teal though. It's always been light blue trim. 

This is confusing me as well. The Heat do have some jerseys with teal in them, but not the Vice jerseys everyone thinks of. Those, on the other hand, have always displayed light blue:

 

Miami-Heat-City-Jersey-Unveiled.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Well, Tubbs was a New Yorker.  So obviously the Marlins are Tubbs, with that carpetbagger Jeter in the administration suite. 😛

 

The Florida Panthers are obviously Horatio Caine. Over-the-top, out-of-place, and just plain weird:

 

David+Caruso+CSI+Miami+Cast+Pose+Stanley

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

The Heat's Vice jerseys haven't used teal though. It's always been light blue trim. 

...then what in the world am I talking about?

 

Ugh, I may have been mixing up what Heat colors I'm thinking about. 

 

Was gonna delete my posts but I'm gonna be straight up, I screwed up. Apologies. 

 

Edit: I looked back on my posts for my own sanity... the Heat and Marlins don't use the exact shade of light blue so, in using the word teal, I mistakenly thought their blue was completely different but yes they're virtually identical to the naked eye. It's their pink vs red that is more drastically different which swayed the point I was trying to make. My bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

If the marlins truly copied the heat then the whole country would be celebrating their uniforms. But instead they’ve disgraced themselves apparently 

No one ever said it was a good imitation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2019 at 7:10 PM, Marlins93 said:

They probably did field test the black jersey and knew it was illegible. My guess is that they overlooked that part because they figured that the overall design was something that could be worn clubbing in South Beach (or so they wished). As in, they seemed to sacrifice what is practical for what could be deemed "fashionable" as street wear. Obviously something unconventional or conveying some kind of Miami flare is what they were attempting here. Whether or not they actually achieved that is debatable.

 

They also probably didn't place their focus group in a field test/ballpark situation, either, so there's that. I'd give anything to hear what went down during those deliberations.

 

They also apparently didn’t ask their focus group to wear a black jersey in July / August Florida sun. I ended up picking up the white home jersey at the game last weekend. I’ll admit the black jersey looks really sharp up close, but that thing would be way too hot to wear down here during baseball season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, mmajeski06 said:

 

They also apparently didn’t ask their focus group to wear a black jersey in July / August Florida sun. I ended up picking up the white home jersey at the game last weekend. I’ll admit the black jersey looks really sharp up close, but that thing would be way too hot to wear down here during baseball season. 

 

They want you to wear that one to LIV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Marlins TV does uniform breakdown.  Say what you want about the black but it works.

spacer.png

 

*looks at the NL standings*

 

I wouldn’t say anything the Marlins have done this season “works.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.