SilverBullet1929

Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, LMU said:

Based off of the official color swatch from TruColor, the shade is very close, but a bit more pink/color, from the official red/orange color.

 

j0ZeSEr.png

 

However, the Marlins don't actually wear this shade on the field.  They wear more of a standard SF/BAL orange.

If this was the way it looked on the uniforms I think that shade would work well too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it. I’m actually not too opposed to the logos of the current set, but the jerseys are terrible (and if you’re going to have 6 (?) colors in your logo, use them on your uniforms). If these have the black hat and a uniform that balances blue and black well (preferably with blue as the dominant color) with orange accents... that’ll be real nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, the admiral said:

Start at the bottom right, go up, down, up, down, double back up the way you came, go right and then loop back left, then go back the way you came back down to the bottom left, then turn the brush of your pen into a fish. It's as easy as 1-2-3-4-3-5-6-7-6-5-8-9-Fish.

kPc7hxP.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DrAwesomeberry said:

It's also hard for me not to believe that they're gonna wear black hats and jerseys for 80+ games, just like they always have since the twilight years of the original logo set.

I get where you're coming from but it's also new ownership, new players, and new uniforms so it wouldn't surprise me if this habit is finally dropped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

1536271284_newcolortemp.png.e37de27a3387f3bacbe50b95a41d8f4d.png

 

The more I see this laid out, the more I love it. If all of those colors are utilized the right way, this whole thing could come out really nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they're gonna Vice it up. Not a terrible idea. But the colors being off on the initial leak gave me a light blue with purple vibe, and that got me thinking that would be a very nice and very unusual scheme. Pink instead of purple makes sense, but the Heat and all the ironic 80s revival stuff make me kinda sick of it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

 

This is how I feel. I really want it to be pink or even coral, but I don't think they are ballsy enough to do it.

 

 

 

 

Didnt Miami’s MLS team just recently release a logo that features pink rather predominantly? Maybe that helped to shift the mindset a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Digby said:

So they're gonna Vice it up. Not a terrible idea. But the colors being off on the initial leak gave me a light blue with purple vibe, and that got me thinking that would be a very nice and very unusual scheme. Pink instead of purple makes sense, but the Heat and all the ironic 80s revival stuff make me kinda sick of it already.

At first I didn't like it because I think it's an outdated Miami cliche (and it is) and it's just something that isn't really all over Miami anymore. But I'm warming up to it because it's just so new, unique and fresh for MLB so it would still stand out, in a good way as opposed to the previous set that stood out in a bad way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 6:23 AM, Gothamite said:

 

1. They can’t, they have a naming deal with the city. 

 

2. Is there any pressure to revert the name?

I’m mostly referring to our little corner of the web, with people expressing a fondness for the “Florida Marlins” name. Which I never understood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the neon light theme on the hat. It definitely looks better than forcing the theme on the Memphis Grizzlies inline numbers or the Memphis Redbirds. I feel like the best use of the highlights mimicking the neon lights theme is if the base color of the logo matches the color of the hat/jersey/marketing material (pink/light blue on black on black) like the hat example

 

The logo on the white background makes it look like the Marlin was dipped in oil. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Didnt Miami’s MLS team just recently release a logo that features pink rather predominantly? Maybe that helped to shift the mindset a bit. 

 

Yes, they did.  And boy, are they owning the color. 

 

inter_miami_newspapers.jpg

 

I’d love to believe that it had something to do with it, but the Marlins have been working on their new identity for a while. Certainly longer than Inter Miami’s badge has been public. 

 

Maybe Jeter knew it was coming behind the scenes, a professional courtesy from one famous former athlete/current Miami sports owner to another. But I’d tend to doubt it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I’m mostly referring to our little corner of the web, with people expressing a fondness for the “Florida Marlins” name. Which I never understood. 


I think for some it's nostalgia for the original name, but I feel like there could be an opportunity there for either the Marlins or Rays to establish themselves as Florida's baseball team, though. Do either the Marlins or Rays have many fans in decently-sized metros Orlando or Jacksonville? Would calling themselves the Florida Marlins or Florida Rays help expand their reach? I don't really know, but it's something to consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know im in the minority, but that Marlins leak isnt bad.  It's not the original, but miles better than the orange and black.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, msu said:


I think for some it's nostalgia for the original name, but I feel like there could be an opportunity there for either the Marlins or Rays to establish themselves as Florida's baseball team, though. Do either the Marlins or Rays have many fans in decently-sized metros Orlando or Jacksonville? Would calling themselves the Florida Marlins or Florida Rays help expand their reach? I don't really know, but it's something to consider.

 

Orlando probably leans Rays but their market doest get broadcast of both teams.  Jacksonville might have a pocket of Marlins fans due to the Jacksonville Giant Shrimp being the Marlins AA affiliate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I ever preferred “Florida Marlins” over “Miami Marlins” was purely that it just sounds better phonetically to me. The former just sorta flows, whereas the latter sounds kinda choppy. And I just think “Florida” is a really pleasant name on its own. 

 

That said though, I totally get the switch to “Miami” and am starting to get used to it now, so I don’t mind them sticking to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having two pink teams in Miami can work if the Marlins keep the pink as the third/accent color, which i think they will. No pink jerseys or caps, keep those blue or black along with the regular white and gray and it works. Based on the balance of colors a pink and black team can look different enough from a blue black and pink team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

Watch out for the jetty... 

 

Too soon?

 

Not cool my dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Having two pink teams in Miami can work if the Marlins keep the pink as the third/accent color, which i think they will. No pink jerseys or caps, keep those blue or black along with the regular white and gray and it works. Based on the balance of colors a pink and black team can look different enough from a blue black and pink team. 

 

Nothing wrong with different teams in a city with similar colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.