Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

I rather like the current/soon to be former Marlins look. The leaked design isn’t bad. It just feels dated. Like it’s something you would have seen in the Concepts section ten years ago, and people would have gone “it’s alright but can I see it in black and teal?”

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

1895765494_pinstripeoption.png.a2cb816f3c2c75a58269383916481ad8.png

I keep finding myself reading this as Manlins . . . and I can't unsee it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

21 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

The thing that’s really bugging me is the sliver of tail in the eye of the A in the logo. Really hope that was an error that’s been fixed 

giphy.gif

Ugh... can't unsee it now

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

New question... why does the marlin have a pointy corner on his chin? 

Some renderings or drawings have a pointy-ish chin, so i'll give them that.

Also just noticed the random triangle is the opening for its mouth lol

f7241042d94047c188d61d3d4ceabc4b--fish-p rG30ved.png

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Even with all the little details that I'd change I like the logos the more I look at them. There's plenty of potential here and I do think this will be received mostly positively when its officially unveiled. 

There's a chance that the rest of the set could come together when unveiled, but the reactions on this board so far seem to lean much closer to disappointment.

14 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

There's a chance that the rest of the set could come together when unveiled, but the reactions on this board so far seem to lean much closer to disappointment.

That is so far from the truth. This thread is full of positive posts. Most people in the positive say their piece then move on. Very unlike your posting habits in this thread. Post after post of every negative cliches in the book. To the point where your posts seem more vendetta fueled then an actual honest opinion. 

17 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

That is so far from the truth. This thread is full of positive posts. Most people in the positive say their piece then move on. Very unlike your posting habits in this thread. Post after post of every negative cliches in the book. To the point where your posts seem more vendetta fueled then an actual honest opinion. 

Well I've seen mostly negative reviews on more than this board. That being said, they are mostly full of other designers who are probably much more critical of designs with flaws than the public would be. 

30 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I'm from South Florida and I'm a diehard Marlins fan. I'm probably going to be staring at the new colors, jerseys, and logos for at least another 7-10 years. I sense that most people weighing in here aren't Marlins fans. So there's more at stake for me and thus I'm naturally going to be more opinionated and critical when discussing what I'm going to be looking at every game and possibly consider buying to wear at Marlins Park and around town.

I'm sorry that you seem to be so irritable about fans offering impassioned critiques of their team's new identity. I thought that's what this place was all about? Such a warm welcome to the boards. Maybe when your favorite team rebrands I will say my peace on the design and then "move on."

1 hour ago, Marlins93 said:

I mostly meant the reactions of the general public in that I expect most people to say things like "oh thats cool, great colors, glad they changed the logo, and I'd buy that jersey" as opposed to last rebrand where it was mostly negative like "is that a rainbow, too many colors, hideous color scheme, that doesn't look like a baseball team, and what's that toothpaste looking thing."

As far as this board (and the Marlins fan board I'm on) so far I think the negatives have mostly been from those critiquing design choices and preferring certain tweaks to happen but I feel like overall people are optimistic about the possibilities for the full rebrand and many have expressed the "I like it more every time I see it" opinion. That sure seems vastly improved from the reactions of the 2011 rebrand. 

Maybe it's just different perspectives, glass half empty glass half full stuff. 

18 minutes ago, Teal said:

I guess theres ZERO chance of a teal alternate, right?

I'd rather they not do that anyways. It would muddle up the entire rebrand if they did a blue and black rebrand and then threw in a random teal alternate in there. The new ownership knows that teal is popular but they want to go in a whole new direction so I expect teal to remain just an occasional throwback option. 

8 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I mostly meant the reactions of the general public in that I expect most people to say things like "oh thats cool, great colors, glad they changed the logo, and I'd buy that jersey" as opposed to last rebrand where it was mostly negative like "is that a rainbow, too many colors, hideous color scheme, that doesn't look like a baseball team, and what's that toothpaste looking thing."

As far as this board (and the Marlins fan board I'm on) so far I think the negatives have mostly been from those critiquing design choices and preferring certain tweaks to happen but I feel like overall people are optimistic about the possibilities for the full rebrand and many have expressed the "I like it more every time I see it" opinion. That sure seems vastly improved from the reactions of the 2011 rebrand. 

Maybe it's just different perspectives, glass half empty glass half full stuff. 

I will agree that the general public appears to be much more warmly receiving the new rebrand than they did the 2012 version. I think much of that is because a shade of blue seems like a more natural color choice for the Marlins and the 2012 logo was much more unorthodox for MLB than what's been leaked thus far for this new rebrand.

Most of my friends who are Marlins fans are pretty disappointed that there's no teal, but they are admittedly more content with the new design than I am so far (but I wouldn't say they embrace it enthusiastically). I think there's something to be said that current uniforms and logos set the bar really low and anything would look good in comparison to it, but the home whites did grow on me over time.

But I do agree that it comes down to the fact that people have different eyes. Some pay more attention to the details than others.

4 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I keep finding myself reading this as Manlins . . . and I can't unsee it.

How about the Miami Manlins and they're just for the fellas

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived