Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I believe it's names of the smaller cities in Miami, the one in the center pretty sure it says Gables as in Coral Gables. That's one of the first things the new ownership did was embrace each town/community in Miami and the names are plastered all over the ballpark and in their marketing. They also did Neighborhood Nights this year, one for each town like Coral Gables, Wynwood, Hialeah, Kendall, etc etc. I love the idea. 

As for the letter I sure hope that's not on the jerseys but based on this communities idea I don't think it will be.

Yup, you got it, definitely Coral Gables. If any team needs to embrace its community its the Marlins. Miami is not just one city its the entire damn county lol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Yup, you got it, definitely Coral Gables. If any team needs to embrace its community its the Marlins. Miami is not just one city its the entire damn county lol

Miami is so big. I live in Miami (like, my address says the word Miami) but I'm in Kendall which is almost 30 mins from the ballpark and from what would be considered "the city" or "downtown." There are so many areas around "the city" that are still called Miami and each one has it's own unique traits and vibes... it's smart for the team to embrace the entire city but to also celebrate the differences within the communities of this city. I'm also not sure any other Miami sports team has ever done that.

One more thing... remember when the Seahawks and the Atlanta Hawks brought that neon volt green color to prominence a few years back? The Marlins could be on the same path with that neon red. The more I see it the more I like that it's not just that faded pastel pink like Inter Miami (which is fine too for them). I love that it's pinkish but still red, if that makes any sense. Someone on Twitter called it a "guava red" which is funny but also very fitting in multiple ways. 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

One more thing... remember when the Seahawks and the Atlanta Hawks brought that neon volt green color to prominence a few years back? The Marlins could be on the same path with that neon red. The more I see it the more I like that it's not just that faded pastel pink like Inter Miami (which is fine too for them). I love that it's pinkish but still red, if that makes any sense. Someone on Twitter called it a "guava red" which is funny but also very fitting in multiple ways. 

Total agree. It’s probably gaudy to use for a jersey or even a cap, but it works so well as an accent color for so many schemes. I think I’ve been seeing it in web design a lot lately, and one of the new iPhones uses it... might be shockingly zeitgeisty for this team.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Can anyone make out what the words are in the backgrounds of the 2 Marlins tweets?  In the latest, it looks like CORAL G and PINECR...

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

6 minutes ago, CardsFan79 said:

Can anyone make out what the words are in the backgrounds of the 2 Marlins tweets?  In the latest, it looks like CORAL G and PINECR...

Yes people have been able to make out what it says (as noted in previous posts). Pinecrest and Coral Gables.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Yes people have been able to make out what it says (as noted in previous posts). Pinecrest and Coral Gables.

Thanks, I guess I missed those.

EDIT:  I just noticed the post directly above my question is the one that mentions Pinecrest.  I'm gonna go change my contact lens now LOL.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Miami is so big. I live in Miami (like, my address says the word Miami) but I'm in Kendall which is almost 30 mins from the ballpark and from what would be considered "the city" or "downtown." There are so many areas around "the city" that are still called Miami and each one has it's own unique traits and vibes... it's smart for the team to embrace the entire city but to also celebrate the differences within the communities of this city. I'm also not sure any other Miami sports team has ever done that.

Shoot, My Address Says Miami but I'm maybe 4-5 Miles from Homestead Speedway and the Failed Indians Spring Training Site.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I love the colors and if that logo is correct, I'm okay with it. My only issue is the heavy use of black. IMO, that was the huge problem with the last rebrand.

This is my reaction to the image posted on the Marlins Twitter account today. The blue and bright red look great, but it certainly seems that they will be accents. I feel like black is being emphasized more now than in the current set.

3 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

The only "latin" thing in the stadium is the food corner awkwardly tucked away in left field where its easily over looked. 

This has always annoyed the hell out of me about Marlins Park. In the "what were they thinking?" kind of way. All of the local flavors were basically tucked far away into this small narrow hallway that could easily be missed.

Thankfully it sounds like they will be renovating that area so hopefully it's larger and more accessible. 

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I think a blue alternate jersey is sorely needed but with that said the black alternates are probably gonna look incredible. Almost like saying if you're gonna use so much black then do it right and they have a chance to be awesome.

I've heard the BP jersey is blue, hopefully it becomes an alt one day (if it isnt) or they wear it during the season for games sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

This has always annoyed the hell out of me about Marlins Park. In the "what were they thinking?" kind of way. All of the local flavors were basically tucked far away into this small narrow hallway that could easily be missed.

Thankfully it sounds like they will be renovating that area so hopefully it's larger and more accessible. 

Maybe they can move it closer to CF where the new 305 section and standing room area will be. Thankfully the sculpture has been moved already. 

Archived