Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

That gray triangle isnt the eye, its the open portion of the mouth. 

1 hour ago, CardsFan79 said:

I believe that is supposed to be the inside of the marlin's mouth.

1 hour ago, Marlins93 said:

What I believe you are referring to is the mouth. Oddly, the Marlin does not appear to have an eye.

Thanks for the help - that makes the eye-less Marlin look a little better.  

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Emphasis on the blue in the latest tweet...

Community names in the background is confirmed... this one clearly says Pinecrest up top... but the block letters appear again more prominently this time. Hmmm...

I wonder if that'll be the font they use for the names on the back of the jerseys.

7 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Billy The Marlin is getting a makeover... not just in color but in design as well... this is interesting as, with the exception of his colors, I think he's already one of the best looking mascots in MLB...

I wonder if they're actually changing him, or just chopping off part of the bill.

5 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

I've heard the BP jersey is blue, hopefully it becomes an alt one day (if it isnt) or they wear it during the season for games sometimes. 

Maybe they can move it closer to CF where the new 305 section and standing room area will be. Thankfully the sculpture has been moved already. 

I'm still really hoping for a blue alternate game jersey.

100% agree with the Taste of Miami section - it's hidden away in a corner, and unless you know it's there, you'd miss it completely.

Based on the conversations I’ve had with a few people the intent is to expand Taste of Miami throughout the stadium next year. They are doing a hard reset on concessions. They want to add additional social areas throughout the ballpark for people to mingle. 

1997 | 2003

31 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

I’m really hoping a black alternate is severely limited in use when the roof is closed. Marlins Park is drab when the roof is closed. If they ever switch to HD LED lighting it may help some.

This past season at home the black alternate was only used on Fridays and Saturdays. Every other home game was home whites. I imagine this stays this way. At least they're not a team that overuses alternates any more. 

16 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

Based on the conversations I’ve had with a few people the intent is to expand Taste of Miami throughout the stadium next year. They are doing a hard reset on concessions. They want to add additional social areas throughout the ballpark for people to mingle. 

Between the logo, uniform and ballpark changes this will literally look like a whole different organization visually next season. It's also great that they're doing this all together. I'm excited! 

14 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

Second post depicting Ocean Drive in Miami Beach.

Edited your post so that the pic can be seen here.

Idk if we can judge anything by these posts, but the salmon seems to be very limited. Like they're being too cautious with it. Hope that's not the case with the uniforms.

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

Logos confirmed as real. Prepare for some black on black jerseys folks, similar to the logo I imagine. 

Ugh. I've been trying to come into this week with an open mind (honestly!) but I really don't like the sound of that at all. Setting my expectations low for the official unveiling and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

In looking at this blue and "bright salmon" (?) color, certainly unique to baseball... I wonder how similar they are to the Oklahoma City Thunder's blue and [whatever they call their red-orange color]. That's the first place my mind went to.

As far as the black-on-black is concerned, I'm totally not surprised at all. Seems like Miami sports has been beating this "Miami Vice" drum pretty hard, lately.

(Genuinely curious: Is there anything else local to Miami color-wise that they can pull from?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

What we've all been waiting for- Marlins Man gives his very important opinion on this matter (under the first Instagram post):

marlins_man

Why are they called Marlins anymore. Florida Marlins, silver black, teal, GONE. Miami Marlins orange black white blue yellow, GONE. Maybe name them Miami something else. New colors are dark. Miami is bright vibrant city. This is not Gotham. There is no Dark Knight. Hmmmmmmmm.

@SilverBullet1929

51 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

I'm really glad to hear this. The food options at Marlins Park have been really below average when it comes to MLB Parks (perhaps Loria scared many of the potential vendors away).

And the Clevelander has also been a disappointment in my mind because it feels so isolated from the game. The Budweiser Bar is a much better place to hang out and mingle, so glad that the Marlins are doing a hard revamp.

Loria and Samson really prided themselves with the ballpark experience they achieved, but many of their design decisions left me scratching my head. SunTrust Park really upstaged Marlins Park in every possible way.

55 minutes ago, daveindc said:

What we've all been waiting for- Marlins Man gives his very important opinion on this matter (under the first Instagram post):

marlins_man

Why are they called Marlins anymore. Florida Marlins, silver black, teal, GONE. Miami Marlins orange black white blue yellow, GONE. Maybe name them Miami something else. New colors are dark. Miami is bright vibrant city. This is not Gotham. There is no Dark Knight. Hmmmmmmmm.

@SilverBullet1929

Idiot. Purposely contradicting the rebrand as if it's his job. The entire point of this rebrand is to show the colors of the city as bright and vibrant even in darkness! And since 1995 the Marlins have been dark and overcome with black. Also, newsflash: a marlin isn't teal or orange... if anything it's closer to the new blue with black. This fool is just upset that a new black on black jersey won't work for his attention seeking shenanigans. 

56 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I'm really glad to hear this. The food options at Marlins Park have been really below average when it comes to MLB Parks (perhaps Loria scared many of the potential vendors away).

And the Clevelander has also been a disappointment in my mind because it feels so isolated from the game. The Budweiser Bar is a much better place to hang out and mingle, so glad that the Marlins are doing a hard revamp.

Loria and Samson really prided themselves with the ballpark experience they achieved, but many of their design decisions left me scratching my head. SunTrust Park really upstaged Marlins Park in every possible way.

It always bothered me how far fans in the outfield are from the field. Lowering the fence in the Clevelander to open it up was a great move but it should have been like that from the beginning. The SRO where the sculpture is now will put people closer to the field. Outfield walls and some Miami baseball history throughout the ballpark are other changes I would like to see.

1997 | 2003

16 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Idiot. Purposely contradicting the rebrand as if it's his job. The entire point of this rebrand is to show the colors of the city as bright and vibrant even in darkness! And since 1995 the Marlins have been dark and overcome with black. Also, newsflash: a marlin isn't teal or orange... if anything it's closer to the new blue with black. This fool is just upset that a new black on black jersey won't work for his attention seeking shenanigans. 

Totally agree, to hell with that pompous ass. He's just bitter the Jeter regime isn't groveling at his feet.

Marlins haven't been a bright team since the 90s and Loria took over.

I hope the new colors really do pop off the jerseys. (They supposedly do)

1 hour ago, Buc said:

In looking at this blue and "bright salmon" (?) color, certainly unique to baseball... I wonder how similar they are to the Oklahoma City Thunder's blue and [whatever they call their red-orange color]. That's the first place my mind went to.

TruColor says that the Thunder and Marlins currently have the same shade of orange, #F9423A. Their blues are slightly different but you wouldn't know without a color picker open. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Marlins haven't been a bright team since the 90s and Loria took over.

I'm not trying to defend Marlins Man here, but the fact that the Marlins haven't had a bright team is indicative of Loria's awful taste. I would prefer that trend does not continue, teal or no teal.

Archived