Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

19 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Totally agree, to hell with that pompous ass. He's just bitter the Jeter regime isn't groveling at his feet.

Marlins haven't been a bright team since the 90s and Loria took over.

I hope the new colors really do pop off the jerseys. (They supposedly do)

Did u get to see the uniforms? 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

It always bothered me how far fans in the outfield are from the field. Lowering the fence in the Clevelander to open it up was a great move but it should have been like that from the beginning. The SRO where the sculpture is now will put people closer to the field. Outfield walls and some Miami baseball history throughout the ballpark are other changes I would like to see.

Everything in the vicinity of left to center fields (seating, Clevelander, Taste of Miami, sculpture) was poorly conceived outside of the Budweiser bar and view of the Miami skyline.

I'm really delighted that Jeter appears to be doing something about this although I'm sure there are limitations to what they can achieve. I hope they "open up" the space more and make it feel less claustrophobic. At Marlins Park you are far too often reminded that you are watching indoors baseball. The Clevelander feels too much like a basement detached from the game.

I'm really curious as to how much Loria intervened with the ballpark architecture. From the outside, I think it looks great. The inside has always been a colossal disappointment in terms of fan experience (and that's excluding the low attendance factor).

I'm more excited to see the ballpark facelift than the rebranded logos/uniforms, because I will be rocking retro gear regardless. But I'm glad to see that they are so quickly airing out the stench that Loria left behind.

11 hours ago, daveindc said:

Idk if we can judge anything by these posts, but the salmon seems to be very limited. Like they're being too cautious with it. Hope that's not the case with the uniforms.

I don’t know - I think this color scheme would work best as black and blue as primary colors, with pink being a secondary color, an accent color.  Used sparingly. 

2 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Is anybody else a little turned off by the Spanglish "Our Colores" campaign?. Something about that hashtag comes off as cringe inducing and desperate in its pandering. If you really want to target the Latin community, make it all Spanish.

Given the actual words used, I assume the concept is to be inclusionary, and not just with the Spanish-speaking community.

11 hours ago, daveindc said:

Edited your post so that the pic can be seen here.

Idk if we can judge anything by these posts, but the salmon seems to be very limited. Like they're being too cautious with it. Hope that's not the case with the uniforms.

How many teams have a third colors? Besides ornamental gold or silver, there's really only the Rays and Dbacks and even the Rays are a stretch. 

If the Marlins use salmon at all, they'll be out ahead of almost everyone. 

Yea I don't like it. Hispanic Americans do often combine English and Spanish to make what we jokingly call Spanglish but it doesn't fit with every phrase. Nobody ever uses Spanglish to say the phrase "our colors." If that phrase is to be said it would be said either only in English or only in Spanish but not in a combination of both. I speak both languages yet I see the phrase and, because the first 5 letters of Colores are the English word Color it makes me read it as English and then awkwardly I have to force myself to finish the word in Spanish so I read it as "Our Color Es". 

43 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Is anybody else a little turned off by the Spanglish "Our Colores" campaign?. Something about that hashtag comes off as cringe inducing and desperate in its pandering. If you really want to target the Latin community, make it all Spanish.

I'm Cuban, I don't mind it, I kind of like it actually. Why do like every other team and be forced to have two hashtags for the same message in both languages. 

Just bring them together into one unified message. Gets the point across to everyone instantly. Nuestros Colores doesn't really have the same ring to it either.

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

I'm Cuban, I don't mind it, I kind of like it actually. Why do like every other team and be forced to have two hashtags for the same message in both languages. 

Just bring them together into one unified message. Gets the point across to everyone instantly. Nuestros Colores doesn't really have the same ring to it either.

I like it too. 

What could be better for a melting-pot city than a single unified campaign?   Spanish-speaking fans, you don’t shunted over to the side with your own ad campaign.  Everyone is right in the mix.  One city, one team, one slogan. 

I like the fact that its both English and Spanish, what I dont like is the choice of the word colores because that's not a word normally combined into "Spanglish." 

Maybe if they used a different word it would work better, a word that's more Spanish unlike colores which is almost exactly the same as the English word.

Like #OurEquipo which is Our Team, that sounds better to me than OurColores. 

43 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I like the fact that its both English and Spanish, what I dont like is the choice of the word colores because that's not a word normally combined into "Spanglish." 

Maybe if they used a different word it would work better, a word that's more Spanish unlike colores which is almost exactly the same as the English word.

That's the beauty of it, though.  It's a word that everyone recognizes, even if they don't speak the language.  Cast the widest possible net.

43 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Like #OurEquipo which is Our Team, that sounds better to me than OurColores. 

That could be next.  Right now "colores" is kind of the subject of the day.

Didn't think this needed a new thread but... the same day the Marlins start teasing their new color scheme MLB.com puts up a video of Don Mattingly preparing the MLB team for that All Star series in Japan and he's wearing: THE RED ORANGE CAP! This is the first time the cap has been seen since early 2014 and there's a couple things worth pointing out. Even though it hasn't been worn in almost four and a half years it's clearly a newer version as it has the New Era logo on the side and it has the smaller sized M which they began using in the spring of 2018. Very weird that these caps were produced considering the team had no intention of ever wearing them. Of note in the video JT Realmuto and coach Fredi Gonzalez are also seen wearing them. I wish I knew why this suddenly happened... maybe they decided to just wear them one last time knowing this is the last time those logos will ever be used?

image.png.abf0537bd33e4a5866e91e7458c121

3 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I noticed something very interesting to me. The New colors are very much like the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp. They are affiliated with the Marlins. The Shrimp's merchandise sales are very strong. I wonder if that played in to this at all.

Yeah I noticed this too. The red pinkish color is similar. The shrimp use a navy blue instead of black though.

Archived