Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to tell from that picture, but does anyone know if that blue might have even the slightest hint of teal in it? Just curious.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, MJD7 said:

This makes me optimistic that the blue will be more than just a BP jersey, since I’d imagine that wouldn’t be the first sneak peek of a jersey they’d advertise. 

It looks like the flexbase jersey material they use for games now. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the BP jerseys template hasnt changed and its still the solid drifit material with no mesh on it right?

I think this is a Game Alternate, and were going to see a blue BP as well.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

1 hour ago, Buc said:

Hard to tell from that picture, but does anyone know if that blue might have even the slightest hint of teal in it? Just curious.

Photo's I've seen, it looked teal on a black cap. That looks more panthers blue there. Probably not that big of a leap from teal to that blue though.

Someone here's mentioned in the past the Marlins teal got more blue in 2008 or so, can anyone confirm? ColorWerx maybe?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

On 11/5/2018 at 7:18 PM, marlinfan said:

Based on the conversations I’ve had with a few people the intent is to expand Taste of Miami throughout the stadium next year. They are doing a hard reset on concessions. They want to add additional social areas throughout the ballpark for people to mingle. 

That's good, I think it'll be a good thing, just don't completely get rid of the regular stands.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:07 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

I like the fact that its both English and Spanish, what I dont like is the choice of the word colores because that's not a word normally combined into "Spanglish." 

Maybe if they used a different word it would work better, a word that's more Spanish unlike colores which is almost exactly the same as the English word.

Like #OurEquipo which is Our Team, that sounds better to me than OurColores. 

English speakers may not know what Equipo is though.....Colores is obvious to both languages.

9 hours ago, el_gmac said:

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Looks very close to the Carolina Panthers blue, which isn’t a bad thing... that’s a good thing. 

Or it looks like the same blue from the previous set.

I do hope there's a blue cap and jersey alt to go along with the black this time. This is the perfect balance (Just replace the orange with salmon):

Image result for miami marlins boyz to men

We will see on Thursday, but my guess is still only an all black cap paired with home whites, road grays, and black alternate. There will be a blue jersey too of course but it's a question if it will be BP only or also for game use.

I am still really curious to see the color differences between the new blue jersey, the "special" jerseys in the above post, and the player's weekend jerseys. They all look pretty similar to my eye.

I'd also guess that there's less teal in the jersey teaser posted on Twitter today than in the blue they've been using in the various Miami skyline artworks. Whatever it ends up being, I just hope they are consistent with it.

Also it's disappointing if the set only includes an all-black cap. Outside of the incredibly infrequent instances of them actually wearing their orange caps on the field, I don't believe the Marlins have worn anything but an all-black cap in a game as part of an official set since 1996.

18 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

We will see on Thursday, but my guess is still only an all black cap paired with home whites, road grays, and black alternate. There will be a blue jersey too of course but it's a question if it will be BP only or also for game use.

I am still really curious to see the color differences between the new blue jersey, the "special" jerseys in the above post, and the player's weekend jerseys. They all look pretty similar to my eye.

I'd also guess that there's less teal in the jersey teaser posted on Twitter today than in the blue they've been using in the various Miami skyline artworks. Whatever it ends up being, I just hope they are consistent with it.

Also it's disappointing if the set only includes an all-black cap. Outside of the incredibly infrequent instances of them actually wearing their orange caps on the field, I don't believe the Marlins have worn anything but an all-black cap in a game as part of an official set since 1996.

Not sure how good it would look, but IMO, having the new logo mostly black begs for a white panel cap.

Question. Did I miss something where the Marlins actually said they were changing their colors at all? I feel like every time there's a rebrand or a new jersey, this site freaks out about all the color differences that aren't actually there.

From what I've seen here, it looks like the colors will remain the same. It was pointed out earlier that the orange the Marlins have been using looks much more red in print than in application. 

Even the social media campaign doesn't actually say the colors are changing. #OurColores could (and I think probably) just means more use of the colors instead of mostly black.

Well, there's my triannual, "guys, will you calm down!" rant. I'll see y'all in 4 months for the next one.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

8 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

So you’re saying that black is their color?

4 hours ago, Lafarge said:

Question. Did I miss something where the Marlins actually said they were changing their colors at all? I feel like every time there's a rebrand or a new jersey, this site freaks out about all the color differences that aren't actually there.

From what I've seen here, it looks like the colors will remain the same. It was pointed out earlier that the orange the Marlins have been using looks much more red in print than in application. 

Even the social media campaign doesn't actually say the colors are changing. #OurColores could (and I think probably) just means more use of the colors instead of mostly black.

Well, there's my triannual, "guys, will you calm down!" rant. I'll see y'all in 4 months for the next one.

The pictures they posted of one of the murals is definitely using red. It's not as bright and pinkish as the actual team color in the graphics, but it does suggest that it's not the same red-orange they currently use.

DrqBAWjWkAIR_bg.jpg

DrqBAWtW4AAI_-6.jpg

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I wonder how close that blue is to what they wore during player's weekend.

It's the same blue. 

And for what it's worth I've heard they call the salmon/red/pink color red. I'm sure it'll have some weird name officially tho. We'll see Thursday.

2 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

It's the same blue. 

And for what it's worth I've heard they call the salmon/red/pink color red. I'm sure it'll have some weird name officially tho. We'll see Thursday.

It looks pretty red to me in their latest Twitter update. It's a brighter red for sure but much less pink than in the leaked logo image.

And now it seems that the black alternate jersey is 100% confirmed!

Archived