Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

On 11/10/2018 at 10:53 AM, Ray Lankford said:

Makes me think of this:

6095480108_f1a270a361_o.png

Which was an underrated look and one that doesn't exist currently in baseball.

Terrible look for the Mets, but one that could easily work for the Marlins.

I mean, if we absolutely MUST ditch teal, that is....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, griffin128 said:

No automatic alt text available.

Which one is the real one?  Left I hope.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Assuming this is a sleeve (vertical doted pattern is nowhere to be seen under the red stripe) I guess we can say the piping will be black, blue, red on all jerseys. I don't think they would have have included a black stripe only for this one when it doesn't even show from a distance. I'm kinda pleased if that's the case, I honestly feared they would go black only...

I imagine the uniforms might look something like this:

*Based purely on what we've heard and the teasers, I haven't seen anything. Also mind the crudeness, I just drew these up using my iPad.

OO1PaJFh.jpg

unzyEIbh.jpg

h6tt8Vph.jpg

If it looks anything like this, I think the black ones look really nice.

I'd expect the home whites to say Marlins not Miami and todays teaser makes it look like triple piping, black then blue then red. Other than that those mock ups look about right to me.

Also in todays teaser I noticed how vibrant the blue and red look side by side so I'm getting more confident there will be enough pop despite being so much black on black. 

Lastly glad the teasers have finally gotten to be actual uniform pics that we can dissect. Ten days of the city color teasers would have been too much. 

I'm hoping that the blue alternate/BP jersey has a Marlins script across the chest, but something like in the mock-up above would be fine.

And may we please again have home whites that don't say Miami on them? I understand what they might have been trying to achieve from a marketing perspective, but that always bothered me.

19 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I'm hoping that the blue alternate/BP jersey has a Marlins script across the chest, but something like in the mock-up above would be fine.

And may we please again have home whites that don't say Miami on them? I understand what they might have been trying to achieve from a marketing perspective, but that always bothered me.

I 100% understood why it said Miami at home in the last rebrand but this past summer they had a poll asking if the home jersey should say Miami or Marlins and while we don't know the result of the poll I felt like just having that question showed that they know it was something that needed to be addressed so I feel pretty confident they settled on the right decision. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I 100% understood why it said Miami at home in the last rebrand but this past summer they had a poll asking if the home jersey should say Miami or Marlins and while we don't know the result of the poll I felt like just having that question showed that they know it was something that needed to be addressed so I feel pretty confident they settled on the right decision. 

My gut is telling me the same thing.

Overall I sense that design choices we've seen from the leaks thus far quite closely align with how I would have expected the majority of the fanbase to vote in those Dimelo polls. I don't recall there being specific questions about color, though.

Although there's no teal (and there probably was never going to be), I do think they listened to fans. So they deserve credit for that even if they don't execute it well. They probably selected the blue color at the early onset (and never even entertained keeping orange) and tailored their other design choices in accordance with the poll data. For what it's worth, one recent article said that MLB approved the rebrand "in late September (if not sooner)," so not entirely certain what that latter part means. March to September seems like a reasonable timeframe for the whole process.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:44 PM, daveindc said:

Or it looks like the same blue from the previous set.

I have been saying this was the right blue! Might be great. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

21 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Another f'n red and blue team??? Seriously??? ?

There are only so many colors in existence. Instead of focusing on them using red and blue why not notice that both colors are being used in unique shades and differently from every other team in baseball. This isn't a copy of the same navy and red color scheme used by too many teams. They also don't need to force the use of a green or purple just to appease people who want something different. 

12 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

It could have been coral.  It could have been pink.  I would have loved those.  But it's red. That's what makes me mad.

It's a different red. It's brighter, closer towards pink than the generic red used by all those other MLB teams. With that said if you preferred a different shade of red that's fine and that's fair. Just don't hate it only for being another blue and red team because they don't look like any of those other blue and red teams. 

40 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

It's a different red. It's brighter, closer towards pink than the generic red used by all those other MLB teams. With that said if you preferred a different shade of red that's fine and that's fair. Just don't hate it only for being another blue and red team because they don't look like any of those other blue and red teams. 

I didn't know that, OK good.  

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I don’t see this as “another red and blue team” at all.  

Ditto. While technically blue and red, nightclub neon blue and red aren’t exactly in the same ballpark as drab patriotism blue and red.

Blue and red.

Archived