Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

Give me White & Black as the Home combo, Grey & Black as the road combo.... but like I said before, a blue cap that can be worn with either look along side blue under shirts as an alternative option, and then both a Black & Blue alternate respectively. Embrace both the Black & Blue. 

Keep the Red-Orange to trim, and you'll have a look that pops.... basically, the Black Jays set done right. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bartodell said:

Left to right, Rangers, Blue Jays and Miami (Current). They are very different Pantone hues.2mq0s5f.png

If we have to put it side-by-side with the others just to tell the difference, which there isn't much of, then it's pointless. There's enough red and blue teams in MLB as it is, and the slight difference in shade here doesn't help.

But as long as the set has plenty of the blue, and the very minimum of that red, it should be fine. I just cringed when I saw that pic of the red and blue piping.

7 minutes ago, daveindc said:

If we have to put it side-by-side with the others just to tell the difference, which there isn't much of, then it's pointless. There's enough red and blue teams in MLB as it is, and the slight difference in shade here doesn't help.

But as long as the set has plenty of the blue, and the very minimum of that red, it should be fine. I just cringed when I saw that pic of the red and blue piping.

I did not have to have them side by side to see the differences...

24 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

I did not have to have them side by side to see the differences...

Sure... The point is you can barely tell the difference, and the fact that he had to make a comparison in the first place is telling. It's still red and blue, and there's way too many red and blue teams in MLB. The slightly different shades don't help. I just hope they keep that red to a minimum.

Does it really matter if they’re blue and red? If they unveil the uniforms and have a great set, will anyone say “They’re great, but other teams use various shades blue and red, so by default they must suck”?(Well, obviously some people will, but..) Personally, I don’t give a :censored: what colors a team wears, as long as they look good and if that means we get 30 unique color schemes or 30 blue/red teams, I don’t care. Obviously, that’s a hyperbole for hyperbole’s sake, but can we just wait until we see the logos and uniforms before calling it a failure simply because they used a (unique) shade of blue and a (unique) shade of red-orange?

8 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Those renovations look pretty sharp! So it looks like they plan on growing some ivy?

I think it'd be cool if they'd let bougainvillea grow on there, so it flowers.

1 hour ago, daveindc said:

Sure... The point is you can barely tell the difference, and the fact that he had to make a comparison in the first place is telling. It's still red and blue, and there's way too many red and blue teams in MLB. The slightly different shades don't help. I just hope they keep that red to a minimum.

It's easy for us to sit here and criticize the colors before we see the full implementation of them.  Once we see them, it may look just like other teams, and it may look completely unique.  We'll find out on Thursday.

Everything I've seen indicates the red is only a minor accent color used on drop shadows and sleeve piping.

I don't mind them being another blue and red team because they are using brighter shades of both, but I am still worried that the black will be too much.

I'm also concerned that the primary logo doesn't work on a background that isn't white. It will be interesting to see how they manage that one.

I see it as

Rangers are Blue and Red

Blue Jays are Blue and White

Marlins are going to be Blue and Black

Its one thing to copy a color scheme it’s another thing to copy how you use it, now if all these teams were for say predominantly red and blue than maybe, but you can tell them all apart based on how they wear it. Cleveland Minnesota and St.Louis fits your point better but still you can tell them apart

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

5 hours ago, zigbazah said:

No one seems to struggle with telling the Dodgers and Royals apart. Likewise, the Yankees, White Sox and Rockies. I don't see a problem here with these colors. 

You mean to tell me that all this time Kershaw didn't play for the Royals and they didn't play the Red Sox for the title. I've been bamboozled. 

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Can't wait to find out the specific color code for that accent color. It definitely looked more reddish in the uniform teasers but in todays video it's back to looking more towards a salmon or coral color. 

I don't know if we saw the same thing or not but that still looks like a true red to me.

26 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Can't wait to find out the specific color code for that accent color. It definitely looked more reddish in the uniform teasers but in todays video it's back to looking more towards a salmon or coral color. 

4cBMyOh.png

NWZ1blB.png

(Colors are approximate since the text slide from the GIF is a pixelated mess.)

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived