Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

What's the opinion on pinstripes? Should they return?

I took a look at the old Marlins uniforms and really liked the teal pinstripes, but not the black ones that they switched to around 2003 or so. It's been mentioned before, but the Marlins are one of those teams that pretty much had a solid look from the get-go and never should have gone away from it (unlike the Rockies).

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

If this is indeed the actual logo, then it is a complete downgrade. I'm thinking that it is just a recolored version of it, maybe? I'm just spitballing here.

Recolored from what, though? Some have already done research and never found that logo posted anywhere else. So that alone seems to make it legit. It also seems to line up with other rumors about orange being dropped and replaced with a blue/black/silver color scheme.

1 minute ago, Quillz said:

Recolored from what, though? Some have already done research and never found that logo posted anywhere else. So that alone seems to make it legit. It also seems to line up with other rumors about orange being dropped and replaced with a blue/black/silver color scheme.

There's no silver on there? And there is pink.

Just now, Ray Lankford said:

There's no silver on there? And there is pink.

The potential logo is pretty low quality so its really hard to tell for sure the exact color scheme. The blue might very well be teal, the pink could be red, etc. Silver might be an accent color on the uniform and not on the actual logo. I see your point about it being a recolor, though. Really hard to judge this logo fairly until its officially unveiled and in much larger, higher quality.

7 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

Is there a Spring Training ticket design thing for any other team? Seems like that'd help confirm this.

I think Paul Lukas has confirmed that the leak is legit based on his post today:

"This ticket stub design template, with the team logo surrounded by the bar code, is being used by MLB for Spring Training 2019. All of the teams are using it, as you can see on these pages for the Astros, Mets, and Dodgers. Interestingly, the corresponding page for the Marlins shows their current logo — but the MLB Style Guide shows the same logo shown in the Instagram post, which suggests that this will indeed be the team’s new primary mark."

https://uni-watch.com/2018/10/17/nba-season-tips-off-with-an-ad-clad-thud/

11 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Would 2019 Spring Training designs even be anywhere close to done yet? I'd trust this more if it was a leak from a clothing store as we've seen in the past but a spring training design in October doesn't feel strong enough for me to believe it. 

They're created probably, but not formally released.  When I used to work for the Blue Jays in Florida, we had the graphics around the September/October timeframe to prepare marketing collateral. 

Well I'm disappointed in this logo but I'll wait for higher quality images and the uniforms themselves to make my final decision but so far it feels like a step backwards instead of forwards. With that said I can see how some tweaks would improve it and maybe those tweaks do show up in other applications. 

Not a fan. I don’t watch baseball by any means but I own a couple Marlins hats and jerseys because I like the look

a lot. I think it really represents Miami well. 

I understand wanting to distance themselves from the old regime though. 

Hopefully it looks good, or I won’t be buying anymore Marlins gear besides the old stuff they put on sale. 

2 hours ago, Quillz said:

I really don't have a good answer for you but I'm just imagining that if they go with a blue hat (or black) they cannot apply that logo to it. It is too dark. So maybe the M and marlin are white or silver? I really don't know but it doesn't seem like a logo that can be applied to a darker colored hat.

14 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I really don't have a good answer for you but I'm just imagining that if they go with a blue hat (or black) they cannot apply that logo to it. It is too dark. So maybe the M and marlin are white or silver? I really don't know but it doesn't seem like a logo that can be applied to a darker colored hat.

Good point. I think the only way that logo would work would be on a brighter blue or cyan hat. Even then, the logo will just look like a black blob. With all of those outlines it will be a mess if they try to add a white stroke around the whole thing.

Just now, VDizzle12 said:

Good point. I think the only way that logo would work would be on a brighter blue or cyan hat. Even then, the logo will just look like a black blob. With all of those outlines it will be a mess if they try to add a white stroke around the whole thing.

Exactly. There has to be some white or silver to break up the black and blue (and magenta?).

21 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Spoke with someone I know who works at the stadium, they haven't seen the new logo but they confirmed Slater's description as what they've heard. They also said the BP jersey is the bright blue (like the players weekend jersey) and that  white and black jerseys will likely remain with different logo and wordmark. 

So black jerseys for half of the season probably...

21 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Spoke with someone I know who works at the stadium, they haven't seen the new logo but they confirmed Slater's description as what they've heard. They also said the BP jersey is the bright blue (like the players weekend jersey) and that  white and black jerseys will likely remain with different logo and wordmark. 

White and black jerseys are fine...as long as they introduce another color jersey and a solid gray jersey.

If it's just white and black all year...ugh.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

YES PLEASE. I hated the new logo from the start. Some weird abstract fish that sorta looks like a jet. No thank you. It looks like it belongs on the sign in front of a retirement home. It's worn out it's welcome in a hurry. I was a huge fan of the original teal/black identity, before they basically eliminated teal altogether. I do like certain aspects of the new(er) identity, but somewhere in the middle would be nice.

sig.png

Archived