Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

8 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Updated signage at the Marlins' spring training complex, notable for adding a white outline.

This looks great. The hat logo definitely needs a white outline... Use the current one with the black alt only.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Minor detail, but I appreciate the fact they used the correct trophies. 

I can definitely tell you that this team has always done that. Would love to know how many other teams do that, or how many don't might be a better question. It's amazing how easy it is to think that every world series trophy is/was the same.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I can definitely tell you that this team has always done that. Would love to know how many other teams do that, or how many don't might be a better question. It's amazing how easy it is to think that every world series trophy is/was the same.

I would too. 

How many teams regularly use an image of the Commissioner’s Trophy in their branding, anyway?  Asking as someone whose team can’t. Yet. 

On 12/6/2018 at 3:10 PM, Marlins93 said:

Former team president David Samson gave a pretty candid interview yesterday and adamantly asserted that the new Jeter regime "does not care at all about the past" (paraphrased). This leads me to think that teal was never even considered as an option for the rebranding. This does not come as a surprise at all, of course, but it's still interesting to think about. The hubris does remind me a bit of Jeffrey Loria, though.

I truly believe that that could have made these exact same uniform templates and logo with teal, a hint of black and silver.   It would have turned out soooo beautiful!  I think someone on here already did a mockup of what the new marlins uniforms would look like in predominant teal.  

2 hours ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I truly believe that that could have made these exact same uniform templates and logo with teal, a hint of black and silver.   It would have turned out soooo beautiful!  I think someone on here already did a mockup of what the new marlins uniforms would look like in predominant teal.  

I really wish they had returned to teal, but the new set could have been infinitely better if they even used the light blue color more prominently in the logos and wordmark. Such a missed opportunity. I have my fingers crossed for a "soft" and more colorful rebrand a few years down the road when the Marlins might actually be fielding a competitive team.

I am very much a novice when it comes to these things, at least compared to some of you long-time logo guys, but the new marlins logo just seems half-assed to me.  I don't have an issue with the colors (as someone who travels to Miami 5-6 times a year, I can see the associative qualities of the colors with the city), but the baseball seams on that fish are horrific. 

Yeah, I’m not sure we should talk about what a stand-up, respectable guy David Samson is. 

He went to LeBetard’s public birthday party, went up on stage, and was booed by the Miami fans in attendance.  And how did he respond?

He flipped them off and bragged that he and Loria's cartoonishly evil antics helped the owner sell the team for $1.2 billion. That followed a deal, which Samsion helped broker, that allowed Loria to pay only $150 million for the team. (Some estimates have put that number even lower.)

"Thank you so much; thank you very much," a drunk-sounding Samson stammered into a microphone as Le Batard lumbered behind him. "Here's why I love when you guys boo me. Right. I want you to keep booing me. Because guess what? One-point-two billion. :censored: you!"

Class act, all the way. 

21 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I’m not sure we should talk about what a stand-up, respectable guy David Samson is. 

Well, I respect his candor. Try getting Jeter to be direct or forthcoming about anything! Jeter is certainly more professional and probably whom I'd rather have running big picture things among those two choices, but it remains to be seen whether or not he's effective in that role. I can say that so far the activities on the baseball operations side have been no better or perhaps even a little worse than under the Loria ownership.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Candor?

it’s spelled “contempt”. 

55 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

It’s funny because Samson has said he isn’t close to Loria anymore. Is he celebrating making someone else a boatload of money?

It's because he's clearly drunk and joking around. It's a stupid, unfunny joke, but not something I would take seriously.

Archived