Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I really like the red accessories too. Hopefully we see plenty of players using it as a heavy accent color this year, like a lot of them did with orange in 2012/13 right after the last rebrand but then kind of inexplicably toned it way down in more recent years.

ClAFLDa.png

5 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I’m still disappointed it’s not pink or corral. I love everything else, though. 

Indeed - it's not a bad red...but it could be so much cooler. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Their explanation is that blue with red represents many of the flags of the Latin countries that are most prominent down here... so basically they want the local fans to tie in the colors with their native Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic. With that concept, it couldn't be pink or coral. 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Enjoying the sight of red accessories more than I could have imagined..

Maybe it's just me, but they need numbers on the front of that blue jersey, otherwise that's gorgeous!

15 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I respectfully disagree. Imagine if the Cubs or Yankees (for example) had numbers on the front of their jerseys. 

Those are pinstriped though. 

The Reds pulled off front numbers on plain jerseys just fine in the 70s/80s/today.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

That’s fair, but I personally don’t recognize pinstripes as anything more than the color of the jersey. A background element, if you will. But I think Marlins can pull of plain jerseys without numbers just fine. 

The Marlins jersey looks much plainer than the Cubs and Yankees jerseys. Pinstripes is probably the main part of it. Also, I could be totally wrong but the those logos look larger to me than the Marlins one. Maybe it's an illusion.

3 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Eh, I'm glad they didn't go that route. It would have been too blatant of a Heat knock-off instead of creating their own identity. Those alternate Heat jerseys are surely snazzy but I'd rather see something more unique and outside of the box instead of the 80s Miami cliche.

I wanted teal and black (still do) but overall am satisfied with the blue and red. The execution, however, is a completely different story.

tumblr_pnbkomPAGZ1u7t2opo1_1280.png

tumblr_pnbku6RVDF1u7t2opo1_1280.png

tumblr_pnbkr1Fty51u7t2opo1_1280.png

Welp. This is what the new Marlins home looks like in the sun, and as expected it is very underwhelming. It's essentially a black and white uniform. Hopefully the Marlins will be less timid with their "colores" as time passes, and continue to improve the look. Just slapping a blue brim on the cap for this uniform isn't going to cut it. There needs to be tweaks made throughout.

I think those blue-brimed hats, the BP hats with the full fish, and especially the blue jerseys show just how salvageable this rebrand is with only a few small tweaks.  I think they struck gold on that shade of blue and really need to emphasize it more.  I almost feel like this brand only works the way it was intended to when they do.

10 minutes ago, NicDB said:

I think those blue-brimed hats, the BP hats with the full fish, and especially the blue jerseys show just how salvageable this rebrand is with only a few small tweaks.  I think they struck gold on that shade of blue and really need to emphasize it more.  I almost feel like this brand only works the way it was intended to when they do.

It needs more than small changes, it needs a complete overhaul. Make the word mark blue with an orange outline (not a drop shadow) and maybe a black one too, change the hat as well, either make it blue with a white M or keep it black but I feel it still needs to be a white M so my preference is blue. On color jerseys make the word mark white with blue and orange outlines, especially for the black jersey which might be able to get away with a blue word mark, so long as it’s anything but the. Black.

Archived