SilverBullet1929

Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

I’m not sure how the split works, but if the majority of sales are in fact split, then the other teams would be putting pressure on the poor-selling ones to do something since everyone is impacted by a low performer. If I’m the Yankees, I’m pissed that I’m giving welfare to the Marlins, and I’m sure MLB also wants the low-selling teams to step it up. 

Regardless of any split, everyone benefits from more sales, so that certainly has a lot to do with it. 

On 3/8/2019 at 5:30 PM, WSU151 said:

On my TV (which is not 4K)...the BP jerseys look teal in the sun, and the whole package looks like teal, black, and orange. And it looks like a great update from the 90s. Today's game against the Mets is an aesthetically pleasing game. 

Just pointing out an observation but that teal look on the blue jerseys has only happened on TV when they're at the Mets spring training ballpark. No clue why but I've seen the jerseys at every televised spring game and this only happens there in Port St Lucie. Probably has something to do with the TV cameras. I've also seen still pictures of those same games and the jerseys look blue again so it's definitely a TV thing for whatever reason. The first tweet is vs the Mets, as a comparison the second tweet is vs the Cardinals in Jupiter, Florida.

It's probably a TV camera thing.  I watch a couple of college teams that have teal but it looks kelly green on TV.

19 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

It's probably a TV camera thing.  I watch a couple of college teams that have teal but it looks kelly green on TV.

Agreed, but in my experience, it’s not the stadium, but the broadcaster. On TV27 (The local broadcasters of Orlando City games), they can look like a wide variety of colors, from magenta to navy. However, on national-broadcast games by ESPN or FS1, they always look purple, as they should. However, baseball games are shown from a very different angle than soccer games are, so it could just be sport differences as well.

Time of day, straight sunlight vs overcast skies, colors in the background/of the opposing team, angle of the cameras and camera settings are among the many different factors that would contribute to the same jersey looking two different colors.