Washington Redskins Baseball Concept By Kong Tom

KingKongTom

I'm back. For the first time ever in one of my concepts, I used a professional looking PSD mock up (done by an amazing member on this forum) on an actual designing/photo editing software(Affinity). I started playing around with all the options and then decided to make an actual concept. 

Vision: I wanted to test my skill when using an actual photoshop program, and to make my work more polished and clean compared to my old work that was sloppy. For the actual concept, I wanted a modern vintage look for a very classic NFL franchise. I decided to use a darker burgundy and a darker gold than what the Redskins use in the NFL. I felt it helps give the vintage vibe I was aiming for. I tested some wordmarks for the uniforms across the chest and they looked just awful, so I went with my other plan which was to use a customized alternate logo. For the number I decided to use a drop shadow instead of a traditional outline, I was inspired by being teams that are unique such as the Lakers. This is also the reason I decided to do straight nameplates instead of a curved one, I noticed football is the only sport that doesn't use curved, so I used them on this. I didn't want these to be that similar to any other uniform. I highly enjoy the look myself. I hope you guys do as well. Thanks.

*I understand the MLB logo is unfortunately missing. I saved my PSD file earlier and when I opened it back up for some reason the outlines were all over the place, so I made the decision to forgo the MLB logo in order for a cleaner presentation. Thank you. 

KKT-FINAL-PRESENTATION.jpg

1 minute ago, BellaSpurs said:

Switch the hat logo and jersey logo, the hat logo’s too complicated and the r would be better, maybe forgoing the Native American imagery could be beneficial in general.

I could try that, considering the Yankees do that after all. I just didn't want overkill with the R

If you want to test yourself, make a wordmark based on the ‘R’, or use their current wordmark if you want to get rid of the redskins logo. I know you tried out some wordmarks, but I don’t know if it would look that bad. As for what the Yankees do, their cap logo and jersey logo are the same concept, but relatively distinct from one another. If you want to go that route, that would also be interesting.

1 hour ago, Htown1141 said:

If you want to test yourself, make a wordmark based on the ‘R’, or use their current wordmark if you want to get rid of the redskins logo. I know you tried out some wordmarks, but I don’t know if it would look that bad. As for what the Yankees do, their cap logo and jersey logo are the same concept, but relatively distinct from one another. If you want to go that route, that would also be interesting.

Wow I completely forgot the Yankees use an old school NY on the jersey and a new one on the cap. Maybe I'll try playing around with it.

Archived