If You Ruled The World of Sports

Mac the Knife

All sports except, I suppose, baseball - ties allowed, no OT except in playoffs, and certainly no shootouts.

NFL - adopt CFL time rules (interval between plays, timeouts, etc.)

NHL - only one last team allowed to make 32 teams maximum.  while we are at it chop back the regular season to 70 games.  Let's wrap this thing up no later than May long weekend.

NBA - whatever you can do to add more defence to the game.  open to ideas.

CFL - let's get that 10th team.

MLB - if I wasn't worried about being lynched I'd say cut back their number of regular season games also.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/3/2019 at 6:03 PM, jus2damcrazey219 said:

If I ruled sports (Part 1) -  NBA Edition:

- 32 Teams (30 Current + 2 "expansion" teams)

- Relocations: OKC back to Seattle (Supersonics), Memphis back to Vancouver (Grizzlies), New Orleans back to OKC*, Utah back to New Orleans (Jazz) 😁 

- Expansion: Utah Stars, Memphis Bobcats

- 2 Conferences (East, West). 4 Divisions (Atlantic, Central, Midwest, Pacific)

- Atlantic: Heat, Hawks, Knicks, Nets. Celtics, Magic, 76ers, Wizards

- Central: Hornets, Raptors, Pacers, Pistons, Bucks, Bobcats, Bulls, Cavs

- Midwest: T'Wolves, Jazz, Stars, Mavs, Rockets, Spurs, Nuggets, Thunder

- Pacific: Sonics, Blazers, Grizzlies, Kings, Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Suns

- Playoffs: Top 8 from each conference

- All Star back to East-West format

- No Jersey Ads. NBA logo back on FRONT on right side. Manufacture logo on back of jersey.

Btw, in addition, bring back unique team specific warm up suits. Shooting shirts and other materials, however, can be streamlined for every team. And this is the only place (warm ups) where ads can be placed (non jersey/in-game player apparel).

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

If I ruled sports (Part Deux) -  NHL Edition:

- 32 Teams (31 Current + Seattle)

-  A lot of Relocations. Too many unnecessary nonsensical Sun Belt teams. Relocate them to more northern "hockey" cities:

1. Carolina back to Hartford

2. Florida to Quebec

3. Columbus to Hamilton

4. Nashville to Houston

5. Phoenix to Winnipeg

6. Winnipeg to Portland

Was very tempted to move Calgary back to Atlanta (love the old Atlanta Flames logo, etc. But it would destroy the old Oilers-Flames rivalry.

I'm torn on Vegas. Didn't they should get a team. But they were successf last year. Calgary and Edmonton are tie at the hip. Don't knkw how to handle their divisional alignment unless I move Vegas to say KC or Milwaukee.

Rules: Not to deep into NHL but I know some don't like shootouts in comparison to the old tie system. Woukd definitely get rid of the current nonsensical playoff system in favor of the old way (division champs and next best 6 teams).

Division Alignment

Eastern

Atlantic Division: Boston, Hartford, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Washington

Northeast Division: Buffalo, Detroit, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Quebec, Toronto

Western

Central Division: Calgary/Edmonton, Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Houston, Minnesota,, St. Louis, Winnipeg

Pacific Division: Anaheim, Calgary/Edmonton, Las Vegas*, Los Angeles, Portland, San Jose, Seattle, Vancouver

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

On 2/27/2019 at 5:50 AM, NicDB said:

I think Brewers fans would be fine playing in the AL Central if it led to more playoff ball in Milwaukee.  As satisfying as it was to beat the Cubs at Wrigley for the NL Central, it's a lot harder to compete against them and the Cardinals every year.  

As a brewer fan, can confirm. Also, Cubs and Cards fans are the worst so seeing less of them is a good thing.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Archived