NHL Uniform Rundown - 2018/19 edition

johnnysama

I've done this every few years, and I will do a new one for the 2018-19 season, since last year's post got buried in one thread. Here goes....

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: No change at all. Still looks alright to me, even though the straight laces on the collar look weird in my eyes. Their one-off alternate for this season is a nice homage to their past.

ARIZONA COYOTES: See Anaheim above. Nice to see they brought back their original jerseys for their thirds.

CALGARY FLAMES: I've been lobbying for this for a while now, but they really oughta lose the black and bring back the 1980s look. Well, at least reviving that look with their new third jerseys is a step in the right direction.

EDMONTON OILERS: You know, it'll take a while for me to get used to them wearing orange at home. I'm indifferent about them going back to their late 1990s/2000s decade color scheme (navy blue instead of royal blue). I will miss that classic look.

LOS ANGELES KINGS: Eh, still looks OK. Can't believe there's still no hem stripe on the black home jersey......

SAN JOSE SHARKS: I'm indifferent, TBH. But I like teal. Their newest third jersey looks as awesome as over. Let's just hope it doesn't curse them in the playoffs like previous designs did.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: No changes at all. I'm okay with it.

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS: To say nothing of their trademark dispute, and the lack of 'Las' in the team name locale, they really captured their look and identity well; a very solid look for them. Now if they can introduce a gold alternate jersey, though, to fit their name.....

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: Still the classic look we've been accustomed to all these years.

COLORADO AVALANCHE: Hey, they brought back the classic look! I applaud this.

DALLAS STARS: Didn't change much. Still looks good.

MINNESOTA WILD: Their new looks is okay; bye-bye, roundel logo.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: Still a good look.

ST. LOUIS BLUES: Didn't change much, but I am okay with what they've got. Their new third is snazzy! :D

WINNIPEG JETS: Blue is a fave color of mine, and I like what they have. :) Their new third looks fabulous; love that shade of blue.

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

ATLANTIC DIVISION:
BOSTON BRUINS: Near perfect, buy why swap the gold socks for black ones?

BUFFALO SABRES: They still look okay, in keeping their classic logo. Hard to believe they tried and failed to start a trend of having the player numbers on the front of the jersey.

DETROIT RED WINGS: A timeless classic.

FLORIDA PANTHERS: Looks okay to me.

MONTREAL CANADIENS: As timeless as you can get.

OTTAWA SENATORS: Still looks nice. I like the addition of silver on their new third jerseys.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: Looks too close to the Toronto Maple Leafs' design, but the elimination of the laces and the TAMPA BAY word mark on the front of the white jersey makes it better.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: I don't know why, but I still miss that 1970-2016 logo for its simplicity. That notwithstanding, it is a nice homage to a classic look.

METROPOLITAN DIVISION:

CAROLINA HURRICANES: Looks rather plain compared to the uniform it replaced. But it is a simple, yet effective uniform.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: Nothing is wrong with this set.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: Looks too much like a practice jersey, sadly.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: Just about as perfect as you can get. They can't seem to settle on a good look for their alternates.

NEW YORK RANGERS: Solid.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: See above, again. That new third jersey looks crazy with those huge honkin' TV numbers.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: They went back to the future with their classic look. Love the new gold thirds. :D

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: Not bad. 

Well, now that third jerseys are back, the league looks just alright in my book. Although there are a few teams that could benefit from having an alternate jersey.....

UBwef0L.png

On 10/22/2018 at 7:30 PM, johnnysama said:

I've done this every few years, and I will do a new one for the 2018-19 season, since last year's post got buried in one thread. Here goes....

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: No changes at all. I'm okay with it.

The only good thing about the Canucks are the colours. The corporate orca, the cluttering arched 'VANCOUVER' and the bland Agency font need to go.

The original Stick In Rink C and Johnny Canuck need to be the co-identities of the Canucks. One as the primary crest and the other as the secondary logo. Block font needs to be brought back with a green border.

ARIZONA COYOTES: See Anaheim above. Nice to see they brought back their original jerseys for their thirds.

I was at their first throwback Saturday game. They are gorgeous, and I really hope they bring them back, full-time.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: Still a good look.

No, it's not. The home jerseys aimed for simple, they delivered plain and boring. I don't mind the road ones. If Nashville does manage to win the cup in these, I hope it's on the road.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived