A Look at Some Original Proposed Toronto Raptors Logos

A Look at Some Original Proposed Toronto Raptors Logos

October 26, 2018 - 15:07 PM

It’s always fascinating to get a peek into the designer’s studio and see what could’ve been. This week we were treated to a series of proposed designs, ultimately passed on by the Toronto Raptors in the years leading up to […]

Read More...

22 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

As cheesy as the dribbling dino is, I much prefer it to their stupid clawed ball. Plus it's waaaaaay more marketable. 

Yes especially in the 90s with all the cartoonish logos.  I thought it was one of the best at that time.  I actually liked the Rockets' logo of that era just not on the front of a jersey like it was a hockey set or something.  The stripes on that one were pretty terrible too.  The Raptors set was definitely unique.  The current logo should be a 2nd maybe on their shorts

Fun fact. The face from one of the logos was re-used for the New Jersey Swamp Dragons

44937854_10157065812960864_1058874747460

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 10/27/2018 at 3:05 PM, nash61 said:

Fun fact. The face from one of the logos was re-used for the New Jersey Swamp Dragons

Isn't the Swamp Dragons designed the same guy ranting on twitter about the Wolves Purple Rain City Jersey ripping off his font?

Kinda funny he took the face from an abandoned logo. Even if he designed them both.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

On 10/27/2018 at 3:05 PM, nash61 said:

44937854_10157065812960864_1058874747460

Who wishes the Nets were the Swamp Dragons and not the Nets?  Count me among those because the Nets is a terrible name and the fact that their logo has never actually had a net in it as far back as I can remember makes it even worse.  That weird Cavs clipart logo in the 90s was the best NJ Nets logo ever but alas it was instead a Cavs logo and had nothing to do with a Cavalier, but I digress...

1 hour ago, umlegend1980 said:

Who wishes the Nets were the Swamp Dragons and not the Nets?  Count me among those because the Nets is a terrible name and the fact that their logo has never actually had a net in it as far back as I can remember makes it even worse.  That weird Cavs clipart logo in the 90s was the best NJ Nets logo ever but alas it was instead a Cavs logo and had nothing to do with a Cavalier, but I digress...

Not me at least. "Swamp Dragons" sounds pretty minor league-ish, and that logo would’ve aged like milk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 8:07 PM, umlegend1980 said:

Well, the Nets being the Nets, they ultimately killed the idea at the last possible moment - when during a conference call gave an up or down vote on the change, it had to be unanimous, and every one of the other owners of the time said, "Okay," which prompted the Nets rep on the BoG saying "no" and thus veto'ing their own proposal.

But it's the Nets.  If you expect competence?  Look elsewhere.

nav-logo.png

Archived