College Basketball 2018-19

buzzcut

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASU loses to Oregon. Interesting to see what happens with them since they do have some solid wins(Kansas, Miss St, Utah St, and Washington), but some awful losses(Princeton, WSU, Vanderbilt, and Stanford).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

5 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

So is this gonna be one of those ACC-heavy tourneys this year?

There's a lot of bid stealers already. Of the 12 automatic bids earned, only three teams were #1 seeds in the conference tournament (Colgate, Iona, Wofford).

If Clemson and/or NC State get in, then yes.

I think we can all agree that, for the next D1 conference realignment, what we want to see most is for New Mexico State to join a stronger conference (if not Mountain West, then C-USA or something)...as long as the Aggies are in the WAC, they're gonna roll over everybody else there.

bYhYmxh.png

11 hours ago, ninersdd said:

UC Irvine will punch their ticket, utterly destroying fellow OC school CSU Fullerton.

And assuring the Big West won't send a team that would of went .500 in Fullerton to Dayton.

If anything, the teams heading to Dayton are going to be Iona, Robert Morris, North Dakota State and North Carolina Central. These are the weakest of the auto bids.

3 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

And assuring the Big West won't send a team that would of went .500 in Fullerton to Dayton.

If anything, the teams heading to Dayton are going to be Iona, Robert Morris, North Dakota State and North Carolina Central. These are the weakest of the auto bids.

Oddly enough only 2 teams from California will make it(St. Marys and UCI). The announcers said last night how UC Irvine beat St. Marys this year so they could be considered the best team in the state. What a bizarre season. 

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

The field is set... I do have a few complaints, though. My biggest...

-Why in the hell is Iona one of the stand alone 16 seeds? I'm sorry, but the records don't lie... Prairie View went 22-12. Iona went 17-15. I'm sorry, but that 17-15 record there ought to send the Gaels to Dayton to play Fairleigh Dickerson, not Prairie View.

Otherwise...

-If you're looking for a 12-5 upset, may I suggest Murray State over Marquette. I just have my doubts with both Liberty and New Mexico State.

-Anything lower then a 12 for an upset? Well, UC Irvine looks like a possible bet to beat Kansas State...

18 hours ago, MBurmy said:

I think we can all agree that, for the next D1 conference realignment, what we want to see most is for New Mexico State to join a stronger conference (if not Mountain West, then C-USA or something)...as long as the Aggies are in the WAC, they're gonna roll over everybody else there.

The problem is they don't really fit in anywhere right now. They're an FBS team and the only conference that would make geographic sense for them would be the Mountain West but they're not interested. C-USA fans already dislike having UTEP because of how far out they are and that conference has too many members as it is. They're also too far out for the Sun Belt who New Mexico State tried really hard to get full membership into

At this point they've basically got to hold on for dear life and hope the next round of realignment gets them into a conference where there aren't any schools having trouble still existing as a school.

27 minutes ago, Wings said:

God the Pac-12 just sucks at everything.

I don’t see the PAC-12 leaving the second round honestly. 

West seems like a tough road, but thinking Gonzaga and Michigan there

On 3/17/2019 at 9:08 PM, sc49erfan15 said:

Can't believe UNCG was the first team out. I knew #UNCGatlarge was a longshot, but it almost hurts more to be team #69 out of 68.

On the plus side, I get to announce NIT games!

As someone heavily rooting for all the fool Socon teams to make it, it pains me to know Washington destroyed UNCG’s chances by getting blown out by Oregon.

But now it’s to for the Heels to go win another title.

What a win by UC Irvine over K-State! First tourney win ever for them. Brown, K-State’s best player looked off after early foul trouble and playing a small amount in the 1st half.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Archived