SportsLogos.Net News

Rocket City Trash Pandas unveil logos

5 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

The line work is way too think for that logo IMO.

It’s a baseball logo. It’s gotta work as a two-inch embroidery.

That's all baseball needs...ANOTHER red and blue team! ? What do stars and stripes have to do with being a trash panda???

It's pretty good though I think.  So this team is not going to start until 2020?  Seems very advance notice.

wow I can't believe the team named after an imgur meme has such poor design!

For a minor league baseball team, I love everything about it. If you’ve ever driven through the Huntsville area and also watched Guardians of the Galaxy, it all makes sense.

7 minutes ago, bowld said:

Looks like a Coon

I'd say it's a triangle-faced monkey, but to each their own.

7 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

If you’ve ever driven through the Huntsville area and also watched Guardians of the Galaxy,

and who hasn't?

10 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

For a minor league baseball team, I love everything about it. If you’ve ever driven through the Huntsville area and also watched Guardians of the Galaxy, it all makes sense.

I disagree. This is the normally fine idea of MiLB teams having irreverent identities taken to the point of self-parody. It’s something you’d come up with to take the piss out of Minor League ball. 

14 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Pandas-header.jpg

I find the coloring very odd--it is a gray raccoon (the same color as the trash can), but the raccoon's ear is red....and the tail is somehow white/blue. 

Had a feeling they’d force some kind of space theme in there given the city name. That’s kind of why I preferred “Space Chimps” because at least the space theme I knew they’d inevitably run with wouldn’t look so forced.

Also, the red ears makes it look like he’s wearing a bow. I can’t unsee it no matter how hard I try. 

When Brandiose started out (talking back in the “Plan B” days), I was a big fan. They nailed the Spokane Indians, Tulsa Drillers, and Syracuse Chiefs especially. But now they’re way past crazy and “reference/homage overload”, and they’ve whiffed for a solid while now. They’re more concerned with how crazy they can make something than actually churning out a quality identity anymore.

I'm sure they're also a victim of their own success in the sense that clients keep asking them to top themselves. They need someone to commission something that's not the Phillips Head City Flying Midnight Awkward Penguins so they can show what they're capable of again.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm sure they're also a victim of their own success in the sense that clients keep asking them to top themselves.

We at Rocket City want a trash panda with attitude. He's edgy, he's "in your face." You've heard the expression "let's get busy"? Well, this is a trash panda who gets "biz-zay!" Consistently and thoroughly.

A raccoon blasting off in a trash can...it is what it is.

At least [I think] I can understand the colors...at first glance it may seem like just red, white and blue, but the bright blue and gray are the colors of UAH (University of Alabama-Huntsville), and the bright red comes from Redstone Arsenal, the post where the US Army Space and Missile Command is HQ'd.

That's all I got...