CHARLOTTE HORNETS COURT CONCEPT

pelicanfan

This should have been paired better with their Buzz City black uniforms from 2017-18 season. I really like the blue/purple to teal gradient treatment on the court logo and on the outlines, something that's never been done on any basketball court (correct me if I'm wrong).

3 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

All your designs include a skyline which rarely (some argue never) work, get rid of it and the buzz city and put then spectrum logo back and replace it with another one of their logos 

Totally agree with this.  The courts look really clean, its just that I think the only time skylines work is if they are VERY recognizable (NY or Chicago) or if they are paired with a city edition uniform and the rest of the court is pretty bare.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

17 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Totally agree with this.  The courts look really clean, its just that I think the only time skylines work is if they are VERY recognizable (NY or Chicago) or if they are paired with a city edition uniform and the rest of the court is pretty bare.

I'd say, while I don't normally like skylines or jerseys or courts, I think it works on these "City Edition" courts, since they're for the home fans, not for anyone else, and Charlotte's skyline is very nice if you know what it looks like. I really like how it looks, but I'd also get rid of the "Buzz City" stuff. (Nobody calls it that around here, it's usually the far superior Queen City).

That said, I'd make the honeycomb pattern straight, cause it looks kinda bad at the angle. I love the gradient and work mark, however. Great work!

the user formerly known as cdclt

Looks great! I'm okay with the skyline. The purple to teal gradient looks really cool, especially on the center logo. I agree with @QueenCitySwarm that the hexagons would look better parallel. My main issue is that the text's drop shadows look kinda gawdy; I'd just get rid of the shadows and color the text in the gradient too.

Great work!

On 10/29/2018 at 2:44 AM, itsmb8 said:

The courts look really clean, its just that I think the only time skylines work is if they are VERY recognizable (NY or Chicago) or if they are paired with a city edition uniform and the rest of the court is pretty bare.

. . .  I don't understand this way of thinking. 

Teams that place the skyline on their court are doing for THEIR city and THEIR fanbase, not because the entire world knows what it looks like. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Union County in the building (by way of New England)...

I love this court.  I think it would look amazing IRL.  Uptown's skyline and the honeycomb out the outside is awesome.  I think I'd like Buzz City to be removed though.

That reminds me.  I've lived here just under 2 years and the Hornets are the only sporting event I haven't seen.  I gotta get on that.

mainescarf.png

Archived