Your Uniform of Nostalgia

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My family's had the same season tickets to the Hitmen since the early '00s and they wore these jerseys from 98/99 - 08/09, they were a victim of the Edge rollout in the CHL for the 09/10 season, so these jerseys were a huge part of my childhood. However, I've only noticed within the past year or so that the socks didn't match the jersey striping.

carson-mcmillan-of-the-calgary-hitmen-sk

15_Getzlaf_1627.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

Miami Dolphins v Cincinnati Bengals : News PhotoBengals Ken Anderson : News Photo

This is what the Bengals looked like when I first became a fan in 1975, and there's just something about the look your favorite team has when you first become a fan.  I spent six years dreaming of someday seeing these uniforms in a Super Bowl. Sadly, they missed it by one year.  My Christmas list consisted mainly of stuff with that logo on it from the Sears catalog back in those days.  Good times.

Like @FinsUp1214, I too hail from the south of Provo. Unfortunately, I didn't appreciate the rich Jazz basketball culture in Utah until my late teenage years. Because of that, my most nostalgic Jazz memories come from the 2008 and 2009 seasons. The powder blue alternate and green throwbacks hold a special place in my heart. I know the rest of that set probably sits lowest in most people's Jazz uniform ranking, but that's what I will always associate my primal love of the NBA with. That spark turned into my passion. Kobe+Bryant+Kyle+Korver+Utah+Jazz+v+Los+kragthorpe_011017~0.jpg

8 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Like @FinsUp1214, I too hail from the south of Provo. Unfortunately, I didn't appreciate the rich Jazz basketball culture in Utah until my late teenage years. Because of that, my most nostalgic Jazz memories come from the 2008 and 2009 seasons. The powder blue alternate and green throwbacks hold a special place in my heart. I know the rest of that set probably sits lowest in most people's Jazz uniform ranking, but that's what I will always associate my primal love of the NBA with. That spark turned into my passion. Kobe+Bryant+Kyle+Korver+Utah+Jazz+v+Los+kragthorpe_011017~0.jpg

I didn’t know you were from south of Provo too! Nice! What part?

You know what’s interesting about these uniforms is that, I guess in a way, they do evoke some nostalgia from me too because it’s what they wore when I went to high school, so it does bring me back to some good times all the same. I guess I’d just never really thought about them like that before!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

ePGbbaB.jpg

Everything about this uniform represents nostalgia for me. I was 6 years old when I got my first jersey ever...a blue Steve Largent Seahawks jersey. I fell in love with the colors, the logo, the helmet, and the team in general. Steve Largent even became my favorite player. They are still my favorite team to this day because of this uniform.

Im gonna miss the Vsr4 helmet era. Its the quintessential football helmet and its bitter sweet that its the final season with them. Theres only a handful of players still wearing them (Antonio gates, Thomas Morstead, Adrian Peterson, Ted Ginn, Colt Mccoy). There maybe some more but not too much anymore.

Former-Vikings-DB-Orlando-Thomas-dies.jp

For me it's gotta be USFL uniforms but especially I loved me some BanditBall...I was in high school at the time, lived about 2 hours from Tampa and went to a handful of games over the life of the league. Definitely more exciting than the Bucs.

Related image

The uniforms that make me nostalgic are the 1980s BYU uniforms--they're the uniforms BYU was wearing when first started going to BYU games with my parents and grandparents. The funny thing is that I prefer BYU to keep navy as their primary color and only use the royal on special occasions mainly because it allows the royal to maintain more of its special value.

Young-audible.jpg

1983-Young-UCLA.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

s_hughes.jpg

Ah, the good old days. When the Warriors' ownership was clueless and greedy, tacky jerseys ran rampant in the NBA, and my mom and I could watch some awful, awful basketball from the Oakland Arena's lower deck for $20 a ticket.

My 9-year-old self still can't believe what the heck the Warriors (and the NBA for that matter) have become.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Archived